Tuesday, November 25, 2008

SOTM take two!

So you've had a sneak peak of CHF's new Stamp of the Month (see yesterday's post if you missed it). Now how about a completely different take on the same stamp. Sometimes perspective--like the use of a stamp, is what it is all about. When I buy stamps I like to know that they are good for more than one look. Now granted changing the sentiment and the colour of the image DOES do the trick but I also like to know how to really change the look. Today's card was exactly that. It was actually my favourite personal take on the stamp.

Note: You'll notice I used my scor-pal to edge the card. Again, it adds some texture and appeal and it so simple to do!



Gotta love the glimmer of the faux snow on those branches.



Recipe
Stamp Set(s):
-Fir Branch (Dec Stamp of the Month) by CHF
-Winter Vintage Signage (The Rummage Bin) by CHF

Cardstock:
-Smooth White by Prism Paper
-Black by Prism Paper
-Kraft by Prism Paper

Ink:
-Shabby Shutters Distress Ink by Ranger
-Peeled Paint Distress Ink by Ranger
-Pitch Black by Ranger

Accessories:
-Gingham Ribbon
-Button by MME
-Prima Flower
-Faux Snow

Tools:
-Scor-Pal

Technique: sponge darker colour over light (fir branch)


Have a terrific day!!!

BTW, make sure you check back on Dec 1st as I have some special giveaways for some special blog visitors :)

Alli

4 comments:

Jules said...

Adorable card!

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning!!! I love this Alli, another fab creation :) x

whoistracy said...

Alli, this is so cute!

Kimberly Crawford said...

LOVE it! Oh, the vintage signage is SO cute! Off to check that out and and it to my lengthy list!! :)