Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Shapes by Design Sneak Peak Day 2

WOW!!! Verklempt was a good word for me yesterday. First of all, I don't think I have EVER had so many people visit my blog in one day...and then there were your countless messages and comments on Nichole's blog, my blog and over at my SCS gallery. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I am so pleased you see the possibilities for this set...they are endless. It's certainly going to be a favourite of mine for years to come.

Today's peak is using one of my favourite stamps out of the bunch! So here's what you are going to LOVE about it. It coordinates perfectly with the 1/2 inch circle from SU!/EK Success. It can be used in 2 different parts (you can break it up like I did for today's card or keep it as a whole) In addition, you can use large brads in the centre of the circles, you can colour the circles or leave them plain...oh the possibilities...just you wait and see!


I began by stamping the images on a 5.5x4.25 acetate sheet*** using white StazOn ink. As many of you know I ADORE clear anything papercraft related. Remember, acetate sheets can be tricky to work with. I suggest starting one designated as practice--accurate pressure is needed to avoided streaking or smudging. Always set aside to dry. Overnight is best.

***overhead sheet,photocopy sheet or transparency
***I purchased mine at Staples. The brand is Highland 701 and it contains 50 sheets 8.5x11 215mm x270mm (78-6969-8593-2)


Next, I punched 6 circles to use as accents in the centre of each circle grouping. This not only creates a 3-d effect but draws the eye to the image because of the contrast in colours. Once I had the punches I "patiently" *lol* placed them under the clear sheet using glue dots and a stylus tool. You could use the tweezer type tools too. And you can see from the photo I placed the hardware and greeting on the card too. The nice thing about the hardware is it is a means of holding the acetate sheet to the card with seeing adhesive.


As a final touch I added this gingham ribbon not only as a means of embellishment but also to hold the acetate sheet to the card.

supplies
paper: Stampers Select White by Papertrey Ink, Bashful Blue by SU!, River Rock by SU!
ink: White StazOn
stamps: Shapes by Design (Urban Design by Alli Miles) Papertrey Ink
accessories: Baby Blue Gingham Ribbon by SU!, hodgepodge hardware by SU!
tools: scor-pal


I'd love to hear your thoughts on this stamp...

On another note I added some more pictures to the card below. Make sure you check out the tidbits for that card too! I will be making an announcement regarding my SCS comments later today!

Alli

46 comments:

Melissa Flieg said...

Alli, love the card and that stamp from the set. Can't wait to see more.

Lynn Mercurio said...

Alli, I've always been attracted to any geometric shape and this set is right up my alley. Your card is a spectacular example of how to create a fabulous background with the circles. Fabulous job, girl.

Anonymous said...

Hi Alli - I can't wait to see the entire stamp set. So far it looks like a 'must have'. Your card is beautiful, so elegant! TFS
Ruth.

Jackie said...

I think that stamp is awesome and I can't wait to see the whole set!

snarflemarfle said...

Love this card! And I really need to get some transparancy sheets.

I'm really enjoying your sneek peaks...this is such an elegant set!

DeniseLynn said...

Gasp - this is to die for!!!! I love it. I tried like crazy to get on splitcoast last night - to leave you a comment. I saw your card and love it but I could not leave a comment ... things get freezing up on me. I was guessing that so many people were commenting that something snapped along the way! *wink* After several tries I finally gave up and went to sleep. {momma needs her beauty rest} But please know I saw it and I love it! And this one is even more fabulous. You rock!!

DeniseLynn said...

Oh and one more thing - can't see a lot because of the cute hat but I think I like the new short hair!!

Davis Family said...

I am new to stamping (well, under a year) and I think you are genius. I would have never thought of transparencies. I swear, everytime I look, I make another big list of "must haves".
Congrats.
Emily

Jenn said...

I am really liking...strike that...LOVING what I am seeing with this new set!!! Awesome!! Congrats!!

Julie Campbell said...

Ooo La La! Another fantastic project! So "Papertreyesque' (is that a word?)

Anonymous said...

Alli,

I'm really enjoying your sneak peaks. The new shapes are beautiful and fun. I really want to say THANK YOU for making a set that I can use with so many of my punches and hardware from Marvy, SU and Nestabilities. This set looks so great and I can't wait for the 15th.
~ jess k

Anonymous said...

I'm really liking the sneak peeks....have ideas churning already!
Starla

Alhambra Club said...

this card is FANTASTIC, love how you used the acetate and those circles are fantastic.

anya said...

Great card. Love the color combo, and the use of acetate. The stamp set looks fantastic, I can't wait to see the whole thing!

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE this stamp! I've been looking to add more classic backgrounds to my collection... this is perfect!!! Definitely going on my wish list.

Holly said...

Now THIS I love!!! I just love geometric shapes, and this is so cool! Your little added touch of that single colored circle in the middle is great!

Debby Winters said...

What a beautiful card. The laciness you created with that stamp is just gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

Alli,
congrats on this exciting new adventure!! I can't wait to see your set -- very excited about the coordinating with SU punches! I missed you at the Sensory workshop -- I was at teh 2 day one before the Sa, it was fantastic -- so much information.
anyway the question I wanted to ask is, the card on the PT blog - how did you stamp the shadow? That was very cool!
sarahjane

Beth Thomas said...

Alli- You so... rocked this! Don't know how how will make to the 15th without this one!

Nancy said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I definitely NEED this set! It just keeps getting better and better! Thanks for the sneak peeks Alli...I'll be checking back daily for sure!!

~Michelle :o)

Anonymous said...

That is one of my favorite stamps in the set too! I love all of them actually! Great card, acetate takes things up a notch but I am so challenged at using it!!!! Can't wait to see what else you have in store.

Geny C.
http://madisonavenue.typepad.com

Anonymous said...

This is a MUST HAVE stamp set. I adore it. The card is so striking. It would work well for both genders. Thank you, and I can't wait to purchase this set ... keep up the great work ~

Anonymous said...

Love these circles and the way you arranged them on the card. The transparency sheet just makes it look sooo elegant. Can't wait for the 15th. - Marlene

Anonymous said...

My thoughts on this stamp? Fantastic! Great idea to use it on acetate! You rock!
The card looks amazing!
Hugs and smiles

Granna said...

Terrific stamps! Love the geometric shapes! I also like the way that you did the acetate card. Kudos!

Linda Carson said...

Marvelous! You have a huge hit on your hands!! I'm so excited for you Alli!!

Anonymous said...

This set is awesome. I love your card, seems that the possibilities are endless.

Anonymous said...

All I have to say is...LOOOOOVE it!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome that it coordinates with SU punches! I can't wait to get my hands on this set of stamps.

Heather said...

this stamp is the coolest, I love hambly products and with this I could create my own. This is a must have.

Kathy W said...

My thoughts on this stamp? I'm swooning...I love geometric design, and with this stamp it is almost like playing "I Spy" to see what comes out of the stamp...I love how you used the transparency; one could color, layer, cut, the list goes on and on for this stamp's possibilities. Can hardly wait for the release date.

Carolyn King said...

Awesome Alli...you showcased your set beautifully! Love this card!

L Louton said...

Love all the graphics you've incorporated into this set! This is definitely going on my list (and I haven't even seen the whole set yet, lol!). Can't wait till the 15th!

Jennifer said...

Gosh I totally think that is most awesome! I can't wait to see more!

Michelle B said...

This is awesome Alli! Love everything about it.

Hugs,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

allison, i love this set so much I think you did an awesome job, and I will definitely get this set!!!...you rock sister. I know how hard you have worked on this and all your other stuff...keep it coming..
ang

Anonymous said...

This card is beautiful. Can't wait until the 15th to purchase this set. I can tell this set will be used alot!

Alice

Kelsey said...

I love what I have seen so far of your set! Thank you for making a set that coordinates with various punch sizes. It's nice to have something that will complete the card and not have to try and size it to fit! :)
Have a wonderful day!

Bethany Paull said...

How totally cool is that.

Christina Fischer said...

This is SO cool! I just love the way you used the transparency. It has to be so much fun for you to make these fabulous creations with YOUR stamps! :)

Anonymous said...

This stamp has a nice clean look to it. Can't wait to see the others in this set.

Heather Arsenault

Anonymous said...

I LOVE those circles on the acetate!! Outstanding!

Judy Broswick said...

my absolute favourite so far :) Simple but the small detail you did on this project was fab!!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh my gosh...that is so pretty!! Love it!!

huntla1 said...

I love the blue circles behind the white and layered on the kraft. I think that looks great and causes the hardware with sentiment to just pop off the page..