Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Wedding Day (3)



If you are visiting via Nichole's blog today you surely know that I have something up my sleeve...



How's that for a cuff link? *lol*

Today's project is a very simple wedding invitation. The nice thing about hand crafted wedding invitations is they can be taken from simple to detailed by simply adding more stamping or embellishments etc. And remember, when you have 100+ invites to make, you want to keep as simple as possible.

Step 1
I began by cutting 2 5.25x11 sheets of kraft paper and scoring them both at 5.5



Step 2
Next I stamped my image on the outside of one of the pieces of kraft cardstock after which I used a 1 1/4 circle punch to punch a hole through the centre.



I created the peek-a-book hole and added the date and some decorative images to the centre of the whole. Notice I am able to customize my date. If you like the traditional month, day and year listed you will be pleased to know that you could have also stamped August 8, 2008 using Wedding Day too! The option is yours!!!!





Step 3
Adhere the two pieces of kraft cardstock together in the centre (one card overlaps the other)



Step 4

As I have finished decorating most of the outside of the card, I decided to work on the inside.
I cut
2- 5x 5.25 sheets of spring moss
1- 3.5x4.25 sheet of spring moss
and used the corner rounder to round all the pieces of cardstock. Adhere them to the inside of the card.



Step 5
Print out your invitation, ceremony information and RSVP on white cardstock. Cut both the invitation and ceremony information to 4.75x5 sheets of white. Cut the RSVP to 3.25x 4 sheet of white. Using the corner rounder, round the edges. You can see that I chose to stamp a few simple images to accent the information and then adhered them.

Note: The decorative corner coordinates with the decorative square seen on Nichole's and Taylor's sneak peaks, as well as the circle from today's project and the decorative bar used on the wedding planner--what can I say...I like coordinating things!







I included this black strip to hold the RSVP in place so that it can be removed for convenience.



As a final touch I added a strip of black and some ribbon to the outside of my card.



I hope you have a super day...make sure you check out Nichole's blog and Lisa's blog for some sneak peaks using Wedding Day.

35 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

You are a supahstar...Nichole better watch out!

Jana Weaver said...

WOW! Another breath-taking project with this set. I'm pretty sure it's going to be in my cart come Friday night (Ok, Saturday morning for me!)

Kylie Swain said...

Alli, that is fantastic. I have seen Wedding Invitations on websites but just never took the time to work out how they were made. Your tutorial is just perfect. This will be one stamp set on my order come the 15th !!
Great Job, you must be very proud and excited too.
Happy Crafting,
K.

Coley said...

Simply beautiful - I am really enjoying the projects this week. x Karen

Janine said...

WOW !! How cool is this invitation... Fabulous job.

Julie Campbell said...

Amazing, Alli! I can't wait to see the set in it's entirety! {standing ovation!}

Anonymous said...

What a great set. It's gorgeous! So many people are customizing invites...this is so elegant.

huntla1 said...

This is fabulous! Love it!

K said...

Wow! This is awesome. How do you keep everything so straight? I always curve up when I stamp a lot like the words inside. Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Alli, that is amazing! You have me seriously drooling over here with these sneak peeks. Love it!

Alhambra Club said...

this is fantastic, truly lovely.

Donelda said...

Alli, this is STUNNING ... what a spectacular project!!

Joy said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Ali...
I Love, love,love this wedding invitation. I think making your own invites is very special and shows something special about you and your upcoming day!

Crestajune said...

Absolutely fabulous! Your set is beautiful and I cannot wait to get it!! Love today's project.

Basement Stamper said...

These are absolutely gorgeous, so professional looking.

Anonymous said...

Ooooooo...I really like this! So simple..but still elegant.

Charmaine

Unknown said...

Wow, Alli you are so very talented. This set is beautiful. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

Anonymous said...

Hello Alli, thanks for stopping by my blog and for leaving such a nice comment. You are a creative force! I can't wait to meet you when you are a Comox Valley gal!

Debbie Olson said...

Oh, Alli! Another HOME RUN project! How elegant, trendy, and perfect. I'm in awe. :-D

retiredheather said...

Fantastic! If only I were getting married...24 years ago would have been great. I love your designs Alli and its great to know you are Canadian.
Retired Heather from New Brunswick

Amy said...

Wow, this is amazing!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is fabulous, Alli! WOW!

Andrea G. said...

Congratulations on another set release. Seeing this invitation makes me wish I could get married again so I could make my own invitations this time. Oh yeah, get married to the same husband, of course. :)

Andria said...

Gorgeous! I can't wait till this month's release!

Unknown said...

Very nicely done Alli!

Rose Ann said...

This is so elegant and fabulous!!

stampmonkey said...

My daughter is getting married on 08.08.08 and I'm making the invitations. I LOVE what you've done here and so does my daughter, so it looks like I'll be giving it a try. My question is if you have any suggestions for adding an envie for the reply card AND where to tuck in directions for the wedding/reception location. I know you're busy but would really appreciate any help your brilliant mind can offer. ;)

Thanks so much -- you did an awesome job with this, and even if I weren't needing to make wedding invitations, I'd definitely be buying this set!

Barbara B said...

All of your ideas are awesome! The candle tutorial was my favorite for today. My daughter is likely to marry within a year or two: she and her boyfriend just celebrated dating for three years yesterday. I am on the lookout for ideas for a possible wedding :)
This stamp set might be a good purchase to make.

Peggy Maier said...

So elegant - you've done a great job!

Bethany Paull said...

This is so trendy and elegant! The bits of leafage around the date are fab.

Lisa C. said...

oh, LOVE this wedding announcement!!

DeniseLynn said...

Casual Elegance - I love it!!

Anonymous said...

AMAZING ALLI!!! You are doing a great job for PTI. I love your set!! VERY TALENTED!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

What a unique invitation set! oh my goodness!