Monday, September 20, 2010

Crafty Goodness a la Holiday Cards and More

I am sure you have seen a lot of chatter about the latest issue Holiday Cards and More, Vol 5 This is my FAVOURITE annual issue from Paper Crafts Magazine. I was very fortunate to have quite a few projects picked up for this issue too.  I am sharing my favourite submission below and you can find it on page 127 of the magazine (and you can find another one of my creations on the opposite page 126).  You'll also note that I LOVE my PTI ribbon!!



 Joyful Ribbon Wreath





Loop your ribbon and secure with a pin


 SUPPLIES

Fibers: Hawaiian Shores, Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon 5/8-inch wide by PTI,Hawaiian Shores, Topnotch Twill 3/8-inch wide by PTI, Dark Chocolate, Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon 5/8-inch wide) PTI, Dark Chocolate, Topnotch Twill 3/8-inch wide by PTI, Spring Moss, Swiss Dot Satin Ribbon 5/8-inch wide by PTI, Spring Moss, Topnotch Twill 3/8-inch wide by PTI, Spring Moss, Classic Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8-inch wide by PTI,Fresh Snow, Classic Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8-inch wide by PTI
(Fresh Snow, Velvet Ribbon 1/4-inch wide) PTI
(Scarlet Jewel, Classic Grosgrain Ribbon 5/8-inch wide) PTI
(Scarlet Jewel, Bitty Dot Satin Ribbon 3/8-inch wide) PTI
Other: mini sewing pins from Michaels, Styrofoam ring from Michaels
Finished size: approx 12" x 12"

INSTRUCTIONS

  1.  Overlap the ribbon ¼ and push pin in the center placing it randomly on the outer edge of the ring then place randomly in the inner edge for each ribbon colour or type.  Continue until the ring is mostly covered.
  2. Place a ribbon holder at the top of your wreath using pins and ribbon.
I am still knee deep in paper,school work and stamp designs.  I hope to come up for air around the end of the week.

Have a super day!!
Alli

12 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

What a FABULOUS wreath, LOVE it!!!

Stephanie said...

This is just simply gorgeous!!!! So beautiful!

Unknown said...

Wow, I LOVE this wreath! Wonderful colour combo and great way to use up little snippets. Oh, it's so fabulous...

Laura said...

I LOVE this wreath, how many rolls (or yards) of ribbon did it take, I'd like to make one, and I need to know how much to get!

Alli Miles said...

I am not 100% sure because some of my rolls were already partly used but I definitely went through 3 full and a few others halfs...it was a lot of ribbon but it was worth it. I love how it turned out :)

cedargirl said...

Is there a drooling icon? Cause that project is totally beautiful and delicious! Amazing Alli.

Steph Zerbe said...

OMGoodness Alli, this ribbon wreath is gorgeous and perfectly made. What a clever idea!!

Janelle said...

Love the wreath, Alli. Thought I'd also let you know that I highlighted a technique I learned from you for this month's PTI blog hop... http://showandtellblog.typepad.com/show-and-tell/2010/09/september-papertrey-ink-blog-hop.html#tp
Thanks for all the inspiration you've provided me with!

Traveling Mama said...

This is completely AMAZING!! What a great idea! Hugs from Copenhagen!

Audrey said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this! I am definately going to make one for myself and one as a gift for Christmas. Gorgeous!!

Deb C said...

Wow! Since I have a wee problem with buying thousands of yards of ribbon from the Offray ribbon outlet, I see quite a few of these in my future as gifts. Pepper in a bit of PTI satin dot ribbon will be just the right touch.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Crafty Math Chick said...

:-O This is FANTASTIC!! I want one! LOL!