Saturday, July 26, 2008

Unique Beauty

Since I started scrapbooking/stampbooking for some of my CHF assignments I can honestly say I cannot get enough of it. I started scrapbooking shortly after the birth of my son in 2002. I tell you though, I would dream up pages, collect the stuff and never do it. I think I only managed to get through 6 layouts done before I stopped. The main reason was that my kids were born 14 months apart so having two babies--almost like have twins, was enough work for me that I could never get a layout completed. That's why I started card making in 2003--quick and easy and finished in an hour. One of my best friends owned a scrapbooking store so I managed to go to a few crops and retreats to get some layouts done but wouldn't you know it...life was still just as busy. Hardly any scrapbook pages done. Flash forward to this year. My goal is now a minimum of 3 layouts a month. It's doable. It's not overwhelming and I am LOVING IT!

Today's layout was one I just sat and created--no sketch...just time on my hands. I was SO inspired to pull out my butterfly stuff after seeing all the sneak peaks on blog and company websites sharing CHA highlights.






I used a rub-on on the butterfly mirror.


I stamped the edges of my page with the flourish from the Beautiful Set (Rummage Bin collection) by CHF. Also note that I used rub-ons on the photo as well as the glitter die-cut.



LOVE that beauty rub-on as well as that funky ribbon trim!


Recipe

Stamps:
-Beautiful (The Rummage Bin) by CHF

Ink:
-Willow by Ranger

Patterned Paper:
-
{note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Flutter White (Bloom) Frosty Lace Cardstock by KI Memories

Accessories
-Dimensional flower stickers from {note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Pebble Brad from {note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Ribbon from {note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Blossoms and Button box from {note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Pebble Clip from {note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Glitter Die-Cuts from {note}worthy collection by Making Memories
-Flower Centers by Prima
-On the Lighter Side Rub-Ons by Daisy D
-Butterfly Mirror by Heidi Swapp
-Polka Dot Letters by Making Memories


Hope you are having a terrific Saturday. We get to celebrate the town festival today. They always begin with a megaphone annoucement for the pancake breakfast (that annnoucement is at 7AM and is made by a man who drives up and down all the roads in town) and then we have a parade followed by crafts, games, pie contests, pet contests and booths etc. It should be a lot of fun.

I'll have another scrapbook page for you tomorrow so stay tuned.



Alli

8 comments:

Jenny Mick said...

This page is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is an amazing page!!! My favorite so far and I love all your pages!!! I love the butterfly paper. Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Oh, wow, 14th mo. apart!!! Too close for me, I'd feel like having twins too, lol.

Daniela Dobson said...

Alli, this is stunning!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful layout. I love the layers and all of the rub-ons especially the ones on the photo and mirror. Can't wait to see tomorrow's layout.

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Beautiful page -- I'm hankering to do more scrapbooking, myself. What really caught my eye, though, was the photos of this GORGEOUS little girl! She's truly a beauty, just like her mama! : )

Rene Sharp said...

What a gorgeous lo. I have found that often a person who is really talented at cardmaking battles a bit with the scrapbooking, but you are amazing at both!! Love the fact that you feature both hobbies on your blog. I need to do that on mine! Enjoy your festival, its sounds like so much fun. Wish we had things like that here in South Africa

Deborah said...

Fabulous! You are on a roll! Deb

Bunny B said...

Amazingly STUNNING LO!!!! I love it!! :)