Saturday, May 3, 2008

The Full Scrapbook Page Reveal...

Have you been by the CHF scrap chat room yet? If so perhaps you have already had a peak at the sketch...if not here it is:



And here is what I did with it...



Alli's scrap tips:
I used various stamped images on the page--they are kept consistent in colour and placement. There is also a balance of colours. Typically you will find at least two of each. Did you notice how I balanced the eyelets on both sides of the page? What about the flowers? I pulled the tab colour from the patterned paper. In fact it was the patterned paper that set the page in motion. I choose the patterned paper based on the colours in my photo.


I placed my chipboard letters on the ink pad (pressing down) and then added a distressed look to them by brushing black ink over top.



Did you see that I placed a rub on on the picture? Did you notice the authentic tab? It's a journaling card. You just pull it up to read the note.
I just {heart} this photo!



Recipe

Stamp Set(s):
-Beautiful (The Rummage Bin) by CHF
-Photo Op! (The Rummage Bin) by CHF

Ink
-Pitch Black by Ranger
-White by Clearsnap

Cardstock
- Razzleberry Dark by Prism Paper
-Razzleberry Medium by Prism Paper

Patterned Paper
-Cosmo (The Urban Cosmos Papers) by Prima Marketing Inc
-Ethnic (The Urban Cosmos Paper) by Prima Marketing Inc
-Village (The Urban Cosmos Paper) by Prima Marketing Inc
-Colony (The Urban Cosmos Paper) by Prima Marketing Inc

Accessories
-Flowers by Prima Marketing Inc
-Coloured Ribbon by Prima Marketing Inc
-Plain Green Ribbon misc
-Eyelets by We R Memory Makers
-Brads Doodlebug Inc and misc
-Grungeboard Chipboard Mixed Minis Plain by Tim Holtz
-Buck Naked Buttons and More Chipboard by Cosmo Cricket
-Authentic Rub on by Cosmo Cricket
-Heaven Sent and Imagine Rub on by Making Memories

Technique
-Sponging


Are you having fun yet??? Check back tomorrow for a new card.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this layout. The page you did is awesome, you are right, I think that would be my favorite picture as well. I started out as a scrapbooker and need to finish my youngest sons baby album. I am glad to have these layouts to start out with. Thanks.

Wendalyn said...

Your kids are absolutely adorable. Great layout...

Anonymous said...

Oh Allie, it's such a cute page! I love your colors and that is a fab sketch, I think I'm gonna give it a shot! It's been SO long since I've scrapped! Your kids are adorable:)

Anonymous said...

You really did an exceptional job on this page!! Beautiful.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome page! Love the colors, the lay-out, the circles, flowers... everything. I wish I could pull something like this together... TFS!

One Creative Life said...

I love everything about this page. The colors are fantastic! Of course the kids are adorable too! I will have to try out this sketch. Thanks for sharing.~Erica