Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby Smiles...

I often joke around about my friends passing out if they see or hear that I made a scrapbook page. It's like a solar eclipse...very rarely do I scrapbook. The funny thing is I LOVE to finished look and putting it together...the problem is sometimes it can be time consuming. I am happy to report that since I have started using stamps on my scrapbook pages it goes much faster *smiles*. Be sure to check back again on May 3rd for National Scrapbooking Day because I will be posting another *gasp* scrapbook page for you! Yup...you read that right!!!

Today's scrapbook page is of my daughter. This photo was taken close to 4 years ago now. I began by stamping some CHF images (photo op and the large polka dot backgrounder)



You can see from the close ups that I pulled the "round" theme throughout the page by using touches of polka dots on the letters and on the heart.



I also had a lot of fun with my sewing machine...(as you can see I am still learning!) I used my slit punch and circle punch to create the scalloped edges.



I stamped the heart using white ink, poured clear emboss over it and heat set it. Because the heart is plastic I recommend taking your time to heat set it (from a distance) so as not to melt it.
Tip: Adhere the heart using glue dots behind the polka dots!


Recipe

Stamp Set(s):
-Photo Op (The Rummage Bin) by CHF
-Large Polka Backgrounder by CHF

Ink
-White by Clearsnap
-Pink by Clearsnap

Patterned Paper
-Honey Pie by Collection by Cosmo Cricket

Accessories
-Day Dreams Buttons by MME
-Clear Heart by Heidi Swapp
-Lily White Hopscotch Alphabet Chipboard by Doodlebug Design Inc
-Fab Brads (Bazzill Collection) by Imaginisce
-Pink Gingham Ribbon
-Clear emboss Powder
-Metal Smile by MM
-Flower by Prima

Tools
-Heat Tool
-Sewing Machine
-Slit Tool Punch by EK Success
-Hole Punch by Fiskars

Have a terrific Tuesday!!!

17 comments:

Beth Thomas said...

This is wonderful! It is cute but that just is too trite of a word to capure this LO! I love the polka dot elements (especially the acrylic heart) and the PP makes such a great little girl theme!

Amy said...

Oh, I {{{{heart}}}}} your scrapbook page Alli! I wish I had a girl to scrap, but I have boys and they aren't as fun;)!

Great job!

Hugs,
Amy

Unknown said...

Alli!!! You NEED to scrapbook more! THis is beyond stunning!

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous layout & I agree with Julia you should definately scrapbook more often.

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

Alli - this is awesome. I stamp in my scrapbooks all the time. Can't wait to see what you show on NSD. Have a great day :o)

Alhambra Club said...

what a fantastic picture, love the page, paper, embellishments it is great.

Unknown said...

Very nice page Alli! Everything looks great together and what a cutie she is!! :)

Deanna said...

Beautiful, I love all the little layered details!

Anonymous said...

SOOO CUTE!!!! You're using lots of buttons lately...inspiration from somewhere...Love your stuff!

Katie said...

This is a beautiful page! I think now I *need* the Honey Pie paper just so I can make girl pages. I love all the extra touches that make this page so special.

Dawn Easton said...

Alli, this page is FABULOUS!!! Love all your little details...amazing!

Michelle B said...

Alli, this page turned out beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Michelle

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, I love it too...and I just pulled out my scrapbook and some supplies *just* last night to do a challenge with some friends. This is SUCH an inspiration!

Unknown said...

this is just beautiful. Ugh, I need to scrapbook, however I'm terrible at it, so I don't do it often.

I just love what you did!

Ashley said...

OMG! I love this so much! Every detail is just PERFECT!! Excellent my deary! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

One Creative Life said...

Such a cute page! I agree with the ladies above you need to post more layouts!Thanks for sharing~erica

Unknown said...

Now this is sooooooooooooooo super cute! I love it!!!!