Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Baby Smiles...

I often joke around about my friends passing out if they see or hear that I made a scrapbook page. It's like a solar eclipse...very rarely do I scrapbook. The funny thing is I LOVE to finished look and putting it together...the problem is sometimes it can be time consuming. I am happy to report that since I have started using stamps on my scrapbook pages it goes much faster *smiles*. Be sure to check back again on May 3rd for National Scrapbooking Day because I will be posting another *gasp* scrapbook page for you! Yup...you read that right!!!

Today's scrapbook page is of my daughter. This photo was taken close to 4 years ago now. I began by stamping some CHF images (photo op and the large polka dot backgrounder)



You can see from the close ups that I pulled the "round" theme throughout the page by using touches of polka dots on the letters and on the heart.



I also had a lot of fun with my sewing machine...(as you can see I am still learning!) I used my slit punch and circle punch to create the scalloped edges.



I stamped the heart using white ink, poured clear emboss over it and heat set it. Because the heart is plastic I recommend taking your time to heat set it (from a distance) so as not to melt it.
Tip: Adhere the heart using glue dots behind the polka dots!


Recipe

Stamp Set(s):
-Photo Op (The Rummage Bin) by CHF
-Large Polka Backgrounder by CHF

Ink
-White by Clearsnap
-Pink by Clearsnap

Patterned Paper
-Honey Pie by Collection by Cosmo Cricket

Accessories
-Day Dreams Buttons by MME
-Clear Heart by Heidi Swapp
-Lily White Hopscotch Alphabet Chipboard by Doodlebug Design Inc
-Fab Brads (Bazzill Collection) by Imaginisce
-Pink Gingham Ribbon
-Clear emboss Powder
-Metal Smile by MM
-Flower by Prima

Tools
-Heat Tool
-Sewing Machine
-Slit Tool Punch by EK Success
-Hole Punch by Fiskars

Have a terrific Tuesday!!!

17 comments:

Beth said...

This is wonderful! It is cute but that just is too trite of a word to capure this LO! I love the polka dot elements (especially the acrylic heart) and the PP makes such a great little girl theme!

Amy said...

Oh, I {{{{heart}}}}} your scrapbook page Alli! I wish I had a girl to scrap, but I have boys and they aren't as fun;)!

Great job!

Hugs,
Amy

Julia Stainton said...

Alli!!! You NEED to scrapbook more! THis is beyond stunning!

Michelle said...

What a gorgeous layout & I agree with Julia you should definately scrapbook more often.

Ruth Shanahan Allmart said...

Alli - this is awesome. I stamp in my scrapbooks all the time. Can't wait to see what you show on NSD. Have a great day :o)

Flossie's Follies said...

what a fantastic picture, love the page, paper, embellishments it is great.

Julie Masse said...

Very nice page Alli! Everything looks great together and what a cutie she is!! :)

Deanna said...

Beautiful, I love all the little layered details!

Shelly Kettell said...

SOOO CUTE!!!! You're using lots of buttons lately...inspiration from somewhere...Love your stuff!

Katie said...

This is a beautiful page! I think now I *need* the Honey Pie paper just so I can make girl pages. I love all the extra touches that make this page so special.

Dawn Easton said...

Alli, this page is FABULOUS!!! Love all your little details...amazing!

MEG BEE said...

Alli, this page turned out beautiful! I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs,
Michelle

peanutbee said...

Wow, I love it too...and I just pulled out my scrapbook and some supplies *just* last night to do a challenge with some friends. This is SUCH an inspiration!

Joanne B. said...

this is just beautiful. Ugh, I need to scrapbook, however I'm terrible at it, so I don't do it often.

I just love what you did!

Ashley Bowen said...

OMG! I love this so much! Every detail is just PERFECT!! Excellent my deary! Hugs, Ash~
www.ashleyscreativecorner.com

One Creative Life said...

Such a cute page! I agree with the ladies above you need to post more layouts!Thanks for sharing~erica

Julia Stainton said...

Now this is sooooooooooooooo super cute! I love it!!!!