Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Birthday

Hello and good day!!

We had a wonderful family weekend and enjoyed celebrating "family" and "love".  We don't typically celebrate Valentine's Day on ONE day of the year.  We try and make it an every day event but will create a family centered day once a week or sometimes every two weeks just to reconnect.  We are fortunate that we get at least 5 meals a week as a family and that is pretty good considering my husband is a shift worker.

Over the weekend my beautiful SIL Jenna celebrated a birthday.  This is the card I sent her!!  As it turns out I have 3 SILs who celebrate birthdays in February.

I was so happy to use Kim Hughes Birthday Buddies available through Paper Smooches





INSTRUCTIONS
  1. Create card bases and layers.
  2. Attach ribbon.
  3. Stamp image, colour and outline.  Stamp sentiment.
  4. Adhere all layers 

SUPPLIES




Stamp Set(s):Birthday Buddies by PaperSmooches
Cardstock: Vintage Cream by PTI, Dark Chocolate by PTI, Simply Chartreuse by PTI
Patterned Paper: Fly a Kite by October Afternoon
Ink: True Black by PTI
Accent: Misc Ribbon
Tools: Copic Markers, Nestabilities by Spellbinders

Hope you are having a terrific Valentine's Day HOWEVER you celebrate it!!

Hugs;
Alli

7 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SUPER cute Alli! Love the pink bow and green polka dots, and that cute little critter ;)

Dana said...

I think the lighting is fabulous Alli! And who doesn't love green and pink? *grin*

Glenda J said...

So cute! Great colours!

Michele Boyer said...

Geez, Alli. This is TOTALLY adorable! Love that pink twill!

Christina Fischer said...

SO cute! It just makes me smile! :)

Amy S. said...

Love the card! That hedgehog is so cute! Keep up the great work.
Amy S

Jacqueline said...

Oh Alli - that is so adorable love the beaver he's so cute! I am a new Canadian follower from Ontario found u from Nancy’s Blog... …
BTW I am hosting a Canadian Crafty Blog Hop on my blog... its open to Canadian Crafters – I invite you stop by and check it out.