Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday!

So I know many of you know my passion for CHF backgrounders and Scrapblocks TM and for those of you who frequent my blog you know I LOVE houndstooth. So add a new one to the list. An absolute must have. I really mean it...this scrapblock is the COOLEST Scrapblock TM ever!!! It's called distressed grid and you can see the gallery here filled with uniquely fresh ideas. I used it to enhance Kim super cool numbers. We aren't really celebrating a birthday here but I figured it would be fun nonetheless.



I took the same approach inside as I did with the card called Lucky and created a money/gift card pocket.



Recipe
Stamp Set(s):

-Number Fun (Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF
-Birthday Centers (Mona Lisa Moments) by CHF

-Distressed Grid Scrapblock TM by CHF

Cardstock:
-Kraft by Prism Paper
-Black by Prism Paper
-Clear sheets by CHF

Patterned Paper
-All paper scraps from We R Memory Makers

Ink:
-Pitch Black by Ranger

Accessories:
-Gingham Ribbon from May Arts

Tools:
-Circle template
-Cuttlebug

Technique:
-Paper piecing

While I am on the topic of fun ways to present gifts I wanted to thank a few of my readers. It never ceases to amaze how many of my readers consistently come back and leave a message. And since I know how long it can take to leave messages on blogs every day I wanted to take the time each month to acknolwedge a few. Marlou, Juliann, Amy Rohl, please contact me with your snail mail so I can send you an early Christmas gift...although with the Canadian mail system it may be a while before you get it *smiles* Thank you and thank everyone who leaves me a comment and makes my day.

Have a marvelous Monday.

Alli

6 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow! I like love this card!

Patty Williams said...

Very cute card!

Amy Rohl said...

Here I was checking in on you this morning, ready to speed over to CHF to order this backgrounder and few other things, and I see my name...you are a sweet-heart, Alli! I hope we meet up one day IRL!

Hugs,
Amy

Christina Fischer said...

I don't think I will ever have all the time I want to use all the CHF stamps I want, but I'm willing to try!! ;)

Love the new backgrounder, and of course I love what you've done with it!

Anonymous said...

CUTE! Love that clear ring!

Debbie Olson said...

This is SO trendy and cool, Alli--love it!