Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rejoice!

I have been anxiously awaiting the opportunity to use both the Rejoice Circle stamp by CHF and patterned paper by MME so it only seemed fitting that I use them together.

re·joice (rĭ-jois')
v. re·joiced, re·joic·ing, re·joic·es

v. intr.
To feel joyful; be delighted: rejoiced at the news; rejoiced in her friend's good fortune.

v. tr.
To fill with joy; gladden.

Aren't we all so lucky to have joy in our lives? It doesn't mean life is easy and it doesn't always seem like joy is present (especially through the rough times)...but if you look hard enough you'll find it.

I {heart} this stamp!!!!! And today I am soaking in His joy.



Recipe
Stamp Set(s):
-Rejoice Circle(Aimee Nugent) by CHF

Ink
-Cranberry by Ranger
-Espresso by Ranger

Paper
-Vanilla Cream by Prism Paper
-Suede Brown Dark by Prism Paper
-Tawny Light by Prism Paper

Patterned Paper
-No. 2 Tiny Dots Paper (Out & About) by MME

Accessories:
-Ribbon by May Arts
-Chipboard

Tools:
-Nestabilities by Spellbinders

Designer Note: I cut the chipboard with my nestabilities classic circle and then cut out a matching circle and placed it over top before stamping the Rejoice Circle


Okay...so now you get a sneak peak at my office space. Now remember I am a school teacher so in the next few days you will notice the "teacher" in me...not to mention the reference materials I have in my room. I still have lots of mess to put together so this is all you get today *lol*

Some *kind of before* photos (this was taken in WAY better light--daylight)...this was my craft space about a year ago...lots of SU! stuff


This was my space on my desk...I had to drag LOTS of things to my desk because what you see in that top picture was across the room from me.


Now my desk is in the corner across the room and surrounded by my goodies *smiles* No more walking the distance!!! And yes...still some empty shelves to fill up and lots of labels because I have a little of everything now.



Here is my desk (it was dark when I took this photo)! I spend MANY hours at this desk both crafting and working online. Do you see those daffodils? They came from my garden which is AMAZING because the deer ALWAYS eat them before I see them. DH was cleaning the kids' outside toys today (they turn green because of the algae...it's really WET and DAMP here in the winter...okay always!!!) and noticed them and picked them for me. As you can see I surround myself with pics of my family. Now that is something to rejoice in! Okay...I promise to do photo retakes tomorrow once things are settled. And seriously I LOVE this new layout in my room. I just wish I had the real before pics.



Have a super day.

11 comments:

Deborah said...

Love your rejoice card! Your office/stamping space is wonderful! Deb

Traveling Mama said...

What a great reminder to rejoice! Love the pics of your stamping space too! TFS!

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is lovely that paper is beautiful and what a great stamp. You have a great stamping area

Anonymous said...

lovely card and I was so glad to see your dif. of rejoice shows joy coming from good things for other people

Linda Carson said...

Love that stamp & your card! Can you spell j-e-a-l-o-u-s of your stamping room???? Wish I had that much room!

Bethany Paull said...

Way to go on the room re-org. I love seeing people's work space and knowing where they get their craft on.

And what a wonderful card too. I love the combo of stamp and paper. And the tawny layer is perfect with black and red.

Jessica said...

love, love this card! the paper is great with the stamp!

Lori Craig said...

Beautiful post today, Alli! Love your card, love your space, love you! I'm so glad our paths have crossed. Happy, happy Easter, sweet friend!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Amen sister....Rejoice in the Lord!!! Love it...Adorable stamp area. (((Hugs)))

Jill said...

Awesome card! I really love the polka dot paper!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Alli -- I'm totally jealous of your well-organized craft room! Mine is such a disaster; I think I know what I need to do (move all the books out...) but I *hate* to do that!!! (It was originally a study, then gradually became consumed by stamping...) Are you sure you won't come to OK and help me clean it? Pretty please?!