Friday, March 28, 2008

An elegant hello

This is just a quick card today--it's been a busy teacher kind of day.

Today's card was inspired by all these rub-ons I have laying around in my stamp room. Don't forget, rub-ons have an expiry date. They don't last forever! They dry out.

Anyways, since the sun and flowers have been non existent this week I decided to create my own!



Recipe
Stamp Set(s):
-Silhouette Blooms I(Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF
-Pretty Pattern Backgrounder by CHF

Ink
-Eggplant by Ranger

Paper
-White Prismatic by Prism Paper
-Majestic Purple Light by Prism Paper
-Majestic Purple Dark by Prism Paper

Accessories:
-Precious Metal Hardware by We R Memory Makers
-Ribbon by May Arts
-Misc Rub-ons

Thank you ALL for your sweet comments in regards to my gift from mum. We've talked on the phone a few times and she was so overwhelmed with joy as she read each comment too.

Have a super day and have a great weekend too!!!

9 comments:

DeniseLynn said...

Oh so pretty!!! And thanks for the tip about rub ons expiring - I did not know that. I am so guilty of getting fun stuff and then letting it sit a long time before I actually use it. Now where are those rub ons I bought 3 months ago??

huntla1 said...

Oh I thought I was first to comment on this one, but someone beat me and used almost exactly my words. I have not used any of my rub ons yet and I didn't realize they expired. That makes sense though, cause the only time I tried using them I had difficulty and it was with a much older set. Your card is beautiful. It inspires me to go rub my little heart out!

Michelle B said...

Very pretty card! I love the colors. Love how it turned out.

Hugs,
Michelle

Dawn Easton said...

So so pretty Alli! The rich colours are fabulous! Hope you see some sun and flowers soon!

Linda Carson said...

Stunning card! I didn't know that rub-ons dry out. Thanks for that piece of info!

Stephanie Mosher said...

This is such a beautiful, elegant card...Love it! Thanks for the reminder on the rub-ons...I better get to using them...QUICK :)

Christina Fischer said...

Alli, this is beautiful! Love those colors, and the rub-ons are perfect with the flower image!

Oh, I should be receiving my PTI order today -- can't wait to ink up Wedding Day! :)

Karen Kelly said...

I never knew that rub-ons dried out...learn something new every day!

Bethany Paull said...

So pretty! I love the mix of black silhouettes and white rub-ons.