Saturday, January 5, 2008

Is there a DOCTOR in the house?

Well not in this house but there sure is over at my friend Carolyn King's house (aka Cammie from SCS). Now here is the thing, not only is there REALLY a doctor in the house but there is also a doctor stamp designed by none other than Carolyn. She is releasing her set (this being her second set) through Gina K Desings TONIGHT (Saturday)!!!!! Carolyn and I got to know each other over at SCS. From time to time we would PM each other. Now we keep in touch through our blogs and via e-mail every once in a while. I have even spoken to her by phone (she has the sweetest accent *lol*) Make sure you check out Carolyn's blog to get your first sneak peak at this wonderful set. And don't forget to join Carolyn at Gina K Designs' release party in the Gina K forum at SCS tonight (Saturday) from 7-10PM central time.

Ok...now onto the promised stuff...
I have been longing to play with my PTI stamps. I had the opportunity to pull them out the other day and create some cards for fun. It always amazes me what happens when I pick up these stamps...they seriously take over and I LOVE IT! The colour layout was inspired by a pillow I saw in a magazine. I really like how it turned out...



recipe
paper: Stamper's Select White CS (PTI), Cameo Coral (SU!), Pretty in Pink (SU!)
ink: Cameo Coral (SU!), Whisper White (SU!), River Rock (SU!), Bravo Burgundy (SU!)
stamp set(s): Spiral Bouquet (PTI)
accessories: Ribbon: Pink Lace (SU!), River Rock Double Stitched (SU!), Nestabilities (Spellbinders or find them at Ellen Hutson's store), Sponge

Tip
To create the 3-d effect of the stamped images, first stamp in white ink and slightly offset your stamp and stamp in the same colour as your paper. It really packs a punch, especially IRL (in real life)!!!
I hope you have a terrific weekend.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

P.S. Shelby, the transparency sheets I bought are made by Highland code number 78-6969-8593-2. They come in a box of 50 sheets. HTH.

11 comments:

Shannon Tompkins said...

I love the PTI card - I have yet to play with this set but look forward to it .... must organize stamp room mess from xmas first.

Kerry Johnson said...

Gorgeous card Alli! Love the "patterned paper" you created.

Carolyn King said...

Wow..what a beauty. Love how you created the background on this card and the colors are awesome!

Thanks for your sweet words too--you rock!

ps--I dont have an accent YOU DO! lol!

huntla1 said...

Beautiful! I just got this stamp because I saw so many wonderful things being done with it and yours is no exception. Thanks for the tip about using the white ink. I will have to give that a try.

Rose Ann said...

Wow...this is so gorgeous, Alli!! Love it!!

Anonymous said...

Oh Alli what a beautiful card!!

Lori Craig said...

Hmmm, this is gorgeous...gorgeous...gorgeous

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Love this Alli...Totally love it!! I will have a Big Surprise to share with everyone on Monday so don't forget to swing by my Blog.(((Hugs)))

Unknown said...

totally stunning my friend, I LOVE it!

QuiltNut Creations said...

absolutely fabulous

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Just gorgeous, Alli!