Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A quick reflection and a card

I hope you have enjoyed some time with friends of family in the past week. We have been fortunate to have family come and join us for our Christmas celebration this week. I can hardly believe that our visit is almost over. Where does the time go?
The kids had a blast opening gifts yesterday...on a few occasions we had to remind them to breathe. This was an interesting year. Last night DH and I reflected on the excitement we saw in the kids. They are starting to get the idea of what to do. Although they thanked everyone for their gifts it really made me realize how we need to reiterate that this season is not about receiving as much as it is for about giving to others (not necessarily gifts) and about celebrating the birth of Christ.
As a parent of five years you'd think this would be easy *lol*. Teaching your children values and morals can be a daunting task. For the longest time I thought perhaps I had missed the boat in the manners department even after modeling please and thank you EVERY day until the day that sweet little voice replied back with please and thank you! Eventually kids show us they do listen and make us proud especially in the presence of other adults. It's the times they throw a tantrum in the grocery store or fit with their sibling that I go back to square one. Parenthood is such a blessing.

Since it is still technically the holiday season, I thought I could getaway with one last holiday themed card.



recipe
paper: paper salon dp, whisper white, cool carribean (SU!)
ink: Brillance Graphite Black (Tsukineko)
stamp set(s): wreathabella (Stamping Bella, Paper Pretties Nov subscription) happy holidays (Stamping Bella, Paper Pretties Nov subscription)
accessories: clip (Making Memories), Copic Markers, Nestabilities (Spellbinders, Ellen Hutson's store), Ribbon (misc grosgrain), Pin, Dimensionals (SU!)

Have a terrific day. Stay tuned for some of my most recent CHF designs.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

5 comments:

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

You are so right Alli....I think we are constantly training our kids. I love those times when they make us so proud with their manners. My kids are at that age where they tell everyone at church our life story. Gotta love it!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable card, Alli!

Diane said...

Great card,TFS!!

Michele Kovack said...

This is adorable!!!

Swamp Tulip said...

Don't worry ... all of that parental training will pay off! Now that our sons are young adults I get misty eyed when I see them doing all of the things I tried to instill in them as youngsters!

Happy 2008!

Great card BTW!

Teresa