Thursday, November 22, 2007

Some PTI and my daughter's card

Do you ever just have one of those days? That was yesterday. You just never know in the morning what the rest of the day will present. And of course when it involves your children your heart just aches. My poor kiddo got the corner of a speaker (sharp) to his forehead--why on earth do kids always hurt their mouths/teeth or head???? Do you know how much blood comes out of those places? Of course blood has me in a tale spin. I did manage, and he is ok but wow...that was scary.

The other day (Tuesday) I participated in the colour challenge over at SCS. When I first saw the colours listed I wanted to run away. Who on earth would pair up wild wasabi and pretty in pink? We were also allowed to add white. I have to say that I was leery but I actually like how it turned out. Sometimes unique colour combos really do go far.




recipe
paper:
Pretty in Pink, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White (SU!)
ink:
Brillance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Whisper White, Craft Pretty in Pink (SU!)
stamp set(s): Believe (Papertrey Ink),
Baroque Motifs (SU!), Peaceful Wishes (SU!)
accessories:
Crop-a-dile, Copic Markers, Velvet Ribbon (misc)

Note: Those are not brads at the bottom--they were made using punching the paper with a crop-a-dile--I love that setting.

I had planned to share another PTI card but I guess you'll have to wait another day. I do however have my daughter's Hanna card to share. She gave it to one of her best friends (she tells me she has two) and while she was designing it she said "Mum, my friend Neveah only likes purple and pink. You know those are girl colours mum." Who on earth determined that THOSE were girl colours *lol*? Kids are so cute. Next she says "Mum, I like those round cloud things on your cards can I have some for mine." At first I was stumped and then I realized that clouds have SCALLOPS so that was what she was talking about. I helped her line up the slit punch and she punched them along the way--yes I helped with each punch and on the last punch she pulled it out and tore the scallops so we decided to create the "faux scallop" look using the other side of the paper. My daughter also chose the colours and showed me how to colour using my copics *gasp*. She was so proud of her colouring. For a four year old I think she did really well. I showed her how to outline images with the markers and she promptly took to that too. I'll have you know I was allowed to outline Hanna's hair and I was told to help with the shoes because it was too small to colour *lol*
Her friend liked the card a lot, but promptly told my princess that BLUE was her favourite colour. I guess pink and purple aren't the only girl colours *lol*



HAPPY THANKSGIVING goes out again! I know today is the day but many of you start preparing the day before so I had to send out the cheer yesterday too. How many of you are putting up your tree? I respectively waited until Nov 23rd last year *lol*. Not too sure when I will get to it this year. I am not prepared for a tree day any time this week. Maybe when my mum comes out to visit next week. Are you up for it mum?

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

8 comments:

Jukie said...

two beautiful cards by the ladies in your household!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

Tell Hanna that her card is Beautiful. I bought that same set for my girls, although I haven't let them use it yet. I want to play with it first. My girls are always asking to stamp. Oh and I have a Hannah too, we just added the H at the end. Love the way you spelled your Hanna.

Hugs,
Lisa B <><

Anonymous said...

Both cards are lovely, but your daughter's is so special. No, wouldn't consider putting the tree up this early, but maybe next weekend~~ Happy Thanksgiving.

Unknown said...

both cards are great!! Your daughter's turned out so nice - great coloring job! :)

Christina Fischer said...

Your challenge card is beautiful! Love the way you colored the tree, and the swirls are so pretty behind it! You daughter is very talented, too -- I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! :)

Anonymous said...

I love your PaperTrey card, and your daughter's--WOW! Four? My son is almost eight and not that neat! She did a great job!

Stampin' with Teresa said...

Livi's card is oh so cute! Tell her we love it!

larue said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card your daughter. I can tell we are going to be having another "dirty girl" for SCS. What talent she has. A big hug for her.