Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Prettie Girl Wednesday Challenge

It's Wednesday!!! And you know what that means. I am getting "prettie" predictable on Wednesdays *smiles*.
The theme for today was recipes. Kristine Reynolds issued the challenge a few weeks ago. I really didn't even know where I was going to go with this challenge, all I knew is that I had the perfect little set for it! Actually two perfect sets. The pies from Kim Hughes "Let's Get Stuffed" were perfect accompanied by "Kitchen Classics" by Crafty Secrets.

Here is what I came up with: I created an aged recipe "card" that holds "recipe cards" and other goodies. You'll note the pie paper clips. I created those as recipe page markers. I sure hope Jill likes her "sweet" combo. Make sure you check out what the other Prettie Girls Christie, Charmaine, Jillian, Joanne, Julie C., Julie M., and Kristine have created too.









recipe
paper: very vanilla (SU!), tawny light and tawny medium (Prism)
ink: Brillance Graphite Black (Tsukineko), Frayed Burlap Distress Ink (Ranger)
stamp set(s): Kitchen Classics (Crafty Secrets),Let's Get Stuffed (Kim Hughes, CHF), Cracked Montana Earth Backgrounder (CHF)
accessories: Sponge, Nestabilities (Spellbinders, available through Ellen Hutson or Paper Pretties), Paper Clips, dimensionals, Spiral Punch (SU!), Scor-pal, May Arts Ribbon, Corner Rounder (SU!)

Note: Paper is cut to 7 x8.5. Essentially it is the same size as your card but with a little extra at the bottom so score down the centre at 4.25 and at the bottom at the 1.5 inch mark (gotta love Scor-pal!). You'll notice I also cut the centre of the bottom piece to make "pockets". After I cut it, I taped it down as close to the edge as possible to create the pocket. I hope that makes sense.

This week you can also join us by making Christmas ornaments which will be revealed next week. I am really looking forward to seeing what the other girls are making, aren't you?

Stay tuned tomorrow for my daughter's Hanna reveal. The card is long gone now but I took a photo of it. She is so darn talented she makes her momma proud. Although I did help her tie the ribbon. She hasn't perfected that just yet. Also, be sure to check in tomorrow to see some festive seasonal cards a la papertrey.

Oh and before I go, my friend Carolyn (aka Cammie) is having a BLOG KICK OFF party and has some AWESOME blog candy (MFT)! You totally don't want to miss it. Go and sign up before she gives it away!!!!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

16 comments:

Lisa Silver said...

Holy schmoly!!! This is Fantastic! You ROCK! I love it -

lise

Anonymous said...

SOOOOOO cute Alli! Great job on the challenge!

Jillabella said...

Ok you are just too clever!!! I can't wait to get my hands on that, it's just too adorable!!! Me and sweets, we go hand in hand. Does this mean I have to compile all my secret cookie recipes and share?!?! ;) XOXOX

Anonymous said...

Alli -- this is way, way, way too cute! LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

I love the aged look of these recipe cards. They're great.

Unknown said...

You totally rocked this challenge. I LOVE it.

Donna Baker said...

Alli - this is so darn cute! love it

Anonymous said...

Very, very cute! I love your notepage with recipe ....and those paperclips are adorable! -Melinda

Bethany Paull said...

Love your torn page recipe cards and those totally DARLING clips.

Rose Ann said...

This is awesome!! I especially love the little paper clips!

Sherrie said...

This is a great little project Alli! Love those sweet paper clips!

Julie Campbell said...

Wow! Alli! What a great idea!!! I just bought my Scor-Pal tonight... so I'm in business!!! Those paper clips are just TOO cute! I think I need every one of Kim's sets! They are sooooo cute!

Carolyn King said...

This is just the cutest project..love the clips and the recipes--wow! Too adorable.

Cannot wait to see those pt projects and your dd's card!

Thanks for the shout out on the blog candy...ha!

HUGS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just ADORABLE! Oh my goodness!

Mel said...

Adorable!

Trudee said...

Hello?!?!?! are you kidding me?! FABULOUS!!!!!!!