Wednesday, August 1, 2007

My Baby Phat...

One of the challenges was to create a card that was twisted...I don't often stamp something and think...hmmm how can I make this twisted but I think the idea is rather clever. As many of you know there is a designer who makes clothes and the line is called baby phat. I always remember thinking that maternity clothes were never too flattering. After being pregnant for what seemed like 3 years (the kids are 14 months apart) I can totally appreciate wanting to look good.

I dressed my bella up (paper piecing) and she is ready to hit the runway with her baby phat! I just love this preggers bella!

I was a little disappointed with the quality of this photo. My bella actually has a neutral skin tone not a PINK tone *lol*. I am not sure why her belly is so pink compared to her face but that is what the camera did to her! It looks fine IRL.



Recipe

Paper: Sahara Sand, Basic Black, 7 Gypsies DP
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp Set(s): PregaBella (Stamping Bella), Snap Stamps (Karen Foster)
Accessories:
Stampin' Write Markers, Cuttlebug (Provo Craft), Circle Template (Provo Craft), Slit Punch, Hole Punch, Scalloped Rectangle Punch

Card size is 5 x5.25


I sure hope it is nice and sunny where you are! We are LOVING the sunshine here.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

9 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

This is a great card, your Bella is adorable, know what you mean about colors, I thought it might just be my computer but guess it isn't as I see flesh tone face and pink belly, maybe she was rubbing it when no one was looking.

Misty said...

So CUTE. Love the designer papers you've used on this one. They ARE starting to make cuter maternity cltohes though.
Misty

Stephanie Mosher said...

Love this! The sentiment is "twisted" and fun. I have a friend who is pregnant right now that may have to receive something like this. Thanks for the inspirtaion :O)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card; I just love those bellas!!

Libby Hickson said...

Super cute - and twisted! :-) Very clever way to use my favorite Bella!

Unknown said...

Way cute! Very stylish and chic . . . something I was not when I was pregnant! :)

Rose Ann said...

This is so cute! I love the strips of patterned paper. Great sentiment!

Laura said...

ooohhh! I *absolutely* love this card!! Great job with the bella, and I really love the layout- it's gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

WOW--love this! It's so trendy and beautifully done!