I looked through my recent challenge submission and thought I would share an embossed card with you.
Do you know I have NEVER dry embossed a stamped image. Who knew it would be so fun? I loved it so much I tried it twice in one day.
The quick lowdown for those who have never done this technique before...
You will need:
- a foam surface (you can buy them for real cheap at the hardware store, your LSS, or even use your paper piercing foam surface--like the black one that comes with the SU! mat pack)
- permanent ink
- stylus tool
- wax paper
- cardstock vellum
1)Stamp your image on cardstock vellum using a permanent ink like StazOn
2) Place your foam in front of you. Once your image is dry, flip it over (so the newly stamped image is face down the foam)
3) Rub the surface of the vellum with wax paper to create a smooth gliding surface for your stylus.
4) Using a stylus, outline the image and then swirl over the inner portion of the image (so in this case the inside of the flowers and leaves).
5) Colour the image using your markers. And VOILA!
Paper: Basic Grey DP, Always Artichoke, Mellow Moss, Purely Pomegranate, Vellum Cardstock
Ink:Jet Black StazOn
Stamp Set(s): Natural Beauty
Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch (Marvy), Purely Pomegranate Double Stitched Ribbon, Green Ribbon (swap with Taylor VanBrugen) White Gel Pen
Note: Card Size is 4.25 x 4.25
Have a super day...and if you are planning to see Mr. Sunshine up close and personal (like me) please wear your sunscreen and reapply as necessary. Yes...this is your mother talking *lol* (just kidding about the mother part...not the sunscreen).
Because I love to stamp and you do too!
P.S. Have you visited Visual Verve yet? There are some pretty nice things in that store...and owner Julee Tilman is sure to wow us with new product in the months to come!