Monday, July 23, 2007

Oh thank goodness for a card!

I have had this card in the works for just about a week now and finally finished it today. It has been a work in progress and not because it was hard to make but because of the "mommy syndrome". Some time last week Allison Fillo posted a video clip from the Family Guy on her blog. I know there are many Family Guy fans out there (I by the way am NOT a fan of the show...but DH is) so anyways, the cartoon shows the baby repeating the word "mommy" (Lois, mom, mommy, mama, ma, mom, mommy, mumma and then she answers "What??? to which he replies 'Hiiii with a sickening laugh and then runs away) well that has been my life this past week....so I am glad to report the kids are safely tucked in their beds and I can FINALLY post my card *lol*.
I am also delighted to post a few more pics of organization chaos to keep you motivated in your own rooms/spaces.
So I go to take photos of these things for you and the battery is drained! I had to wait an HOUR for it to recharge...glad today is almost over *lol*



RECIPE

Paper: Going Grey, Basic Black, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Ink: Basic Black, Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Going Grey
Stamp Set(s): Little Lady (Papertrey Ink)
Accessories: Scalloped Circle Punch (Marvy), Circle Punch (Marvy), Paper Piercer, Glitter Gelly Roll Pen (Sakura), White Gel Pen, Hodgepodge Hardware, Ribbon ($1 M's), Oval Punch, Basic Black and Bashful Blue Stampin' Write Markers


More Storage/Organizational Ideas



Reinker/Stickles/Pearls Storage--my FIL made these cute little trays using scrap wood. I store the reinkers by colour family and the stickles, pearl etc together. BTW, the large stamp pad holder you saw in a previous post was also made by my FIL...he's a handy guy!



Adhesives--I store my small and misc adhesives in a plastic drawer tower. Each drawer is labeled at the front....I am big on labels. The bigger adhesives that don't fit the drawer are either parked on my desk or stored on a shelf.



Daubers--I store my daubers in SU! channel boxes (for alpha stamps). I store two colour families per box. I have yet to label each one but I am considering it.

Have a terrific day!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

10 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Great card Alli...love the color palette! And yes, my Tristan took this behavior and ran with it! Gawd...I love bedtime!

Beth Thomas said...

I love the soft, neutral colors of this card! Yes, bedtime can be a blessing!

Unknown said...

I just love that ladybug! And stamping at night is the only time I can do it. My little one won't let me stamp to save my life! Now that SU has those labels (i bought some for my ink pads) you can label your daubers quite quickly. I love your storage idea for them BTW. Oh, and you get two sets of labels in the package.

Have a great night!
Tara

Amy said...

Yowza, you are one organized girl! Will you come visit me and organize this mess? Pretty please??? I love the ladybug card....you did a great job transitioning it from a summer stamp set to one that can be used in the fall/winter with just a change in colors. I'm gonna try that!

Alhambra Club said...

Love the card,and thanks for the ideas for storage, I have a small area and am always looking for ways to oranize my GROWING supplies. Think they reproduce when I am not looking.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card, Alli! I love all of your storage ideas too!

Sherrie said...

wow your room is the picture of organization...have you found room in there for copics?lol! Love your little lady, you do wonderful stuff with that set!

Sarah said...

what a great idea for sponge dauber storage!!!! tfs. I am going to move mine from the drawer to this storage system tonight!

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous card....and I can surely relate to the Mom, Mom, Mommy, Mom thing...ugh! But of course we love 'em to pieces!! (Mine are finally in bed for the night, so I can get my daily dose your blog hopping done.) ;)

You are so organized! I love your ideas!

Anonymous said...

I am not usually a lover of gray, but this card rocks.