Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Stamp Doodle Tutorial...

Since doodling and the doodle look is the rage right now, I thought I would have a little fun with stamp doodles. I have always coloured on my stamps but never really created fun patterns. During my last S10 I wanted to show the girls a creative way to use their solid stamps. I started "playing" with the options and this is what I came up with to show you!

Stamp Doodle Tutorial

Materials:



Step 1:
Colour the stamp with markers, sponge or other tool of choice.



Step 2:
Once you have completed colouring/designing/doodling you image "huff" on it to re moisten the stamp before applying to paper. The coloured portions will brighten and look wet after you have "huffed" on your stamp.



Step 3:
Apply to paper. Note that the difference between the two images. The image on the top has been "huffed" on and left to sit a minute before stamping. The image on the bottom was "huffed" on and immediately applied to the paper.



I just randomly doodled on this solid stamp to give you a visual of the range of possibilities you can create using your markers. Using a sponge dauber also gives a soft image similar to the flower featured in the above photo that is semi dried before applying to paper. The only difference is it will be slightly more blended.



Stay tuned tomorrow for the card I made using one of the flowers from this tutorial! For more tips using markers make sure you visit the CARNIVAL on Craft Critique which features Markers and Pens.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

8 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

This is so neat Alli...I love what you did here!

Kendra Hernandez said...

great tutorial alli! :)

Gina Wrona said...

Awesome tye-die techinque!

Allison Rankin said...

Hi...you have been tagged!

http://stampinwhenican.blogspot.com/2007/04/okim-it.html

Anonymous said...

Super fun tutorial. Thank you for sharing. I love coming here!
HUGS

Anonymous said...

Another great idea...thanks, Alli!

dawnmercedes said...

Thanks for sharing!!

Diane said...

Wow...neat idea!!TFS!!
Can't wait to see the card!!