Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Treat Yourself

Have you ever had something happen in your life that just creates a "pause"? You just have to stop and think for a while. Maybe cry, maybe smile. Today was one of those days for me (it seems like I have had WAY too many of these days lately) but it another reminder to live every day to its fullest. That is what inspired this card today. My S10 girls will recognize this card. It is not a new one but it is one of my favourites. Perhaps because shaker cards are hands-on or perhaps its because it is a bubble gum machine and that reminds me of the innocence of youth. Whatever memories in conjures for you, don't forget, that you too must treat yourself.



Treat Yourself Card Recipe

Paper: Pixie Pink, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Tempting Turquoise
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black
Stamp Set(s): Treat Yourself
Accesories: Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Window Sheet, 1/4-inch Circle Punch, Stampin Write Markers: Certainly Celery, Pixie Pink, Tempting Turquoise, Taken with Teal, 1/16 hole Punch
Technique: Masking

Happy stamping...and don't forget to treat yourself!!!!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

2 comments:

Susan said...

great card! is the shaker part of the card the gumballs?

I have a very old, on a stand gumball machine filled with M&Ms usually. Pennies are always nearby for adults and children alike. Gumball machines are the one true toy.

thank you so much

dawnmercedes said...

I love this set! (though I don't have it.) And I get my love of gumball machines from my mom probably...hehe.


Though I see she has read your blog before I did today!