Some of my most recent cards/projects were inkspired by the Splitcoast gallery. If you have never checked out that site, make yourself a warm drink and a snack and prepare to browse for a minimum of 3 hours. People always stare at me silly when I tell them that. And of course, the next time I see them they say "You weren't kidding. I LOVE that site!"
Friends & Flowers Journal/Pen Recipe:
Accesories: Hostess Only--Simply Scrappin' Kit Friends & Flowers as featured on page 17 of the SU! Catalogue , Sticky Strip, On Board Art Journal, RSVP Pens (purchased at your local Walmart or Staples)
Friends Pocket Card Recipe: (inkspired by Alora Sweetser's card on SCS)
CS: Regal Rose, Rose Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Rose Red
Stamp Set(s): Love Matters (winter mini), Paisley Background
Accessories: Window Punch, Horizontal Punch, Ticket Corner Punch, Vintage Brads, Watercolour Crayons, Aquapainter, Sticky Strip
10 Reasons Why I Love SCS
1) The Gallery. The one that shares the magnitude of cards using Stampin' Up! sets I have and sets I need. Oh yes...the sets I need. You know what I mean. You browse the catty, mark it up with posts for your wishlist and THEN you go to Splitcoaststampers (SCS) and you mark it again. Even worse, you go to SCS for a simple idea or for some inkspiration for sets you already have and a card catches your eye. Now this card uses a set you didn't even want but NOW because of THIS CARD you NEED the set. Yes folks...it's a conspiracy. I said it before and I will say it again.
2) The Updates. There is always something new to look at as new things are being published every minute.
3) The Weekly Inkling. You can subscribe to the weekly inkling, a wonderful weekly e-news resource for additional techniques, ideas etc
4) The Dirty Dozen Fan Club. Need I say more? Ok...you convinced me...I love being a member of the fan club. Each month I get to drool over BEAUTIFUL creations from some of the most well respected SCSers. The cost is minimal too. It's like a paid subscription to the BEST magazine out there.
5) The Forums. A girl needs a place to share ideas, gather ideas and voice her opinion. I especially love how there are forums just for demos too.
6) Daily Challenges. If you know me well, you know that I am always up for a challenge--isn't that right Shannon, Shanna, Donna, Erin, Helen????. Now I admit that I haven't actually p-a-r-t-i-c-i-p-a-t-e-d in a SCS challenge to date (insert *shock*) BUT I promise you it is on my list of things to do this year. Anyways, these wonderful challenges are perfect for someone who is looking to get outside of the box.
7) Meeting New Friends. Not only have I met demos from around the world through SCS but I have also made new friends. Who doesn't love that?
8) Resources. I enjoy learning new techniques and what better way then a step by step lesson from some of the greatest crafters out in the cyber world.
9) Inkspiration...from new to veteran stampers.
10) The Price is Right (no not the show!!!) Can you believe that a site that offers ALL of the above is FREE??!!