Saturday, July 31, 2010

My Brother's Wedding Invites

Can it really be Saturday already?  It's one week until my brother's wedding so you can imagine how things are buzzing around here.  In some ways I can hardly wait for the day to be over and in other ways I am lamenting about the process of getting to that day.  My brother arrives "home" with his fiancee today.  I haven't seen him in months.  I was thinking that when they left this morning from their new "hometown" they left as two people on a mission to be united as a married couple.  Then I was thinking that on their way home they will be united as Mr and Mrs.  I know not every one is into the marriage thing.  You don't have to be in this day and age, but for me, their is value in marriage and as I am 12 days from celebrating my 10th year of marriage with my husband I will look on fondly, at a moment that was a remarkable day and thank my blessings that we have made this journey together through the ups and downs of life and that now, I can be there to support a new couple, on their exciting journey too.

I can't tell you how excited I am that my brother has found the love of his life and that he is ready for this next step in life.  While he is my little brother (he towers over me!!) he has taught me so much about life and I just tear up thinking about his happiness.  It means everything to me!  He has been through so much already in his 30+ years and to see this moment...this long awaited moment is a dream come true for me too.

Here are the long awaited peaks at my brother's wedding invites that my mum and I created a few months back.  We made 1/2 with two leave sprigs and 1/2 with one leaf sprig. 





 INSTRUCTIONS

The invite
  1. First we printed the invites on a 8.5x11 piece of vintage cream cardstock by Papertrey Ink
  2. Next using VersaMark ink we stamped the leaves.
  3. Then we embossed the leaves using a combination of lettuce and bottle Adirondack embossing powders.  
  4. Finally, on the back side of the invite, we scored two lines around the edge.
The envelope

  1. We embossed the back of the envelope using an embossing template by cuttlebug.
  2. We stamped the leaf in spring moss ink (PTI) and rolled the edges on new leaf ink (PTI)
SUPPLIES

Stamp Set(s): Turning a New Leaf by PTI
Cardstock: Vintage Cream by PTI
Ink: New Leaf by PTI, Spring Moss by PTI
Tools: Scor-Pal, Lettuce and Bottle Adirondack embossing powder by Ranger

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you are enjoying the weekend!!

Alli

6 comments:

Cassandra said...

They are understated and elegant. Thanks for the peek and have a great day.

Created By You said...

What a beautiful job you have done! Your brother is very lucky to have such a talented and creative Sis!

CyndyBr7 said...

What a lovely invitation! I too think that marriage is a wonderful thing. My dear husband and I are into our 42nd year of marriage and today is as fresh and beautiful as the day we were married. That isn't to say there were no bumps along the way, just that struggles sometimes make our blessings even more appreciated. I wish you and yours (all of yours) many more years of love.

Kathy Martin said...

So elegant! :)

Melissa said...

Beautiful! Love the contemporary feel and that heart on the envelope is simply outstanding.

Steph Zerbe said...

So elegant!!