Friday, July 9, 2010

Introducing Birthday Bash Sentiments

I am super excited to share this post with you today! Welcome to the first of 5 sneak peaks at a new stamp set from the Urban Design collection called Birthday Bash Sentiments.  Birthday Bash Sentiments is a fresh take on birthday sentiments. You are going to love the variety: different fonts, different shapes, different sizes, different styles and different greetings too! And as I shared in an earlier post ONE of the sentiments has my handwriting in it.

I am going to start the countdown with a colourful card using ONE of the stamps in the collection "happy happy birthday".  I began by repeat stamping over the background (how did I line it up you ask, a faint pencil line and a stamp a ma jig--and lots of patience too!) You'll note I decided to highlight one of the sentiments by stamping it on a white rectangle. Since summer just screams colour I added a burst of colour on the card: raspberry fizz, simply chartreuse, hawaiian shores, sweet blush  and lavender moon with a contrast of white and true black.



SUPPLIES

Stamps: Birthday Bash sentiments (Urban Design Collection) by PTI available July 15th
Ink: Lavender Moon by PTI, True Black by PTI
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White by PTI, True Black by PTI, Sweet Blush by PTI
Accents: Raspberry Fizz Felt by PTI, Simply Chartreuse Felt by PTI, Hawaiian Shores Felt by PTI, True Black Felt by PTI, Pearls by Kaiser Craft, Gingham Ribbon by PTI, K and Company Brad
Tools: Circle nestabilities by Spellbinders, Beautiful Blooms II#3 die collection by PTI, Picnic Plaid impression plate



INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1. Create card base and paper layer.
Step 2. Stamp sentiment over entire background and stamp sentiment on single piece of paper.
Step 3. Cut flowers and circle out of felt with die. 
Step 4. Punch hole in center of black felt and place brad.  Attach flowers and place pearls.
Step 5. Punch scallop border. Attach ribbon.
Step 6. Adhere remaining layers.

Thank you for stopping by today! I'd love to hear from you and don't forget there will be sneak peaks all week long (July 10-15).

Hugs;
Alli
 
P.S. I should have posted a more masculine card today because I am dedicating my stamp set and my card to my son who was born July 10 at 7:03AM 8 years ago.  How time flies!! Happy birthday Andrew.  Love you lots!! Mum xoxox

9 comments:

B said...

Oh definitely super excited to see the full set -- and what a fun card this is! Love the use of the sentiment for the bg as well!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this card, so colorful, and the sentiment is great!!

Glenda J said...

Fantastic! Crisp, clean and I love the colour combo!

Melissa said...

Love the fun card you made Alli! The details tie together really well and the felt is so different!

Ted said...

Happy birthday, Andrew! :) Alli, this is a wonderful set and I see so many possibilities, I'm giddy. :) I can't wait to get my hands on another Urban Design! ;)

Steph Zerbe said...

ohhh, I can't wait to see more... give me more!
Love the way you made the background and the colors are so fun together!
I'll be back for more sneakies!!!

Janice McDonald said...

I love this set and your card is gorgeous, great colour combo! Love your new blog design too!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

I am always looking for more sentiments and am so glad a new one is about to be released! Love your card!

Julie Sokolowski said...

Ali, My daughter, Jenna, was born on July 10th 8 years ago too :) She was born at 9:05pm. I wish she had been born at the same time as your son because I was in labor 18 hours!!!! Anyway, just had to share that we had a baby the same day :)

Julie