Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Sweetest Thing.

Are you ready for a little love? I got creative the other day...like outside of the box creative when I came up with this one. Have I told you lately how much I love my scor-pal??? So imagine how it was when scor-pal met cuttlebug...it truly was the sweetest thing! TADA!

Upon closer examination you will notice that I have created some good looking texture. For those of you who have never used a scor-pal, in order to achieve this embossed look, you "scor" the inside of your card to get these beautiful ridges after which I ran it through the cuttlebug. I placed the cuttlebug along the edge of the card only since I didn't want the dot pattern to take over my card. I actually used my gel pen to colour all those dots but of course could have easily sponged white pigment ink over the top as well. I also created a ridge at the top running horizontally and then added the black trim to add punch to the card and tie in with the ribbon.

Since I have been all "blah blah" about Making Memories these days (fun times over on their blog!) I thought it would be appropriate to show you how much I like their product. If you know me personally I like it because it's all matchy match *blush*







Recipe
Cardstock: Kraft by PTI, Black by Prism Paper, Beige by Prism Paper
Patterned Paper: Making Memories

Accents:
Brads by MM, Sticker by MM, Ribbon by May Arts, Frame by Melissa Frances
Tools: White Gel Pen


Have a super day.

Alli

10 comments:

retiredheather said...

What a great idea Ali. I can hardly wait to play with the scor pal and CB. Wonderful card.
Hugs
Heather

Michelle said...

What a fab idea Alli! Thanks for sharing. Love it - gorgeous!

Marlou McAlees said...

awww, this is the sweetest thing Alli, i love it :) x

Laurel said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is the best card I've seen in such a long time.

I love how UN-ordinary it is... yet beautiful!

Elizabeth S. said...

Such a sweet card! Thanks for the idea of putting the scor-pal and cuttlebug together to make a very interesting design.

K said...

Beautiful! I love the glittery brads so much. I think my Cuttlebug and Scor-Pal need to meet as well. Such a cool look!

Carol (HB) said...

FAB idea Alli and a TOTALLY gorgeous card!

One Creative Life said...

This is STUNNING Alli!

Amy Rohl said...

Honestly, you blow my mind! I can't even think of the words to describe this, Alli--it's over the top awesome!