Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Teacher.

Before I get to today's post I just wanted to thank you for your messages and comments. From time to time some of you e-mail me personally and other times you leave a comment with a question. I do read them all and I do try to respond back to you but I don't always find a means of doing that (you don't have a blog with an e-mail address attached to it or you leave an anonymous comment etc). If I cannot answer back to you personally I will often edit my post to include it in the body of the post. If you have a question that you would like answered please leave a way for me to contact you and I will gladly answer your questions--I LOVE your questions. Also, if there is ever a card/project that I post and you just have no clue how I did something please ask me. I don't post things to leave you in the dark, I post them to inspire you and teach you how to do something. To be honest, I overlook some of the things I do because they are second nature (I have been doing some things for so long I don't realize they are a step) but that doesn't mean they aren't important to a new or even veteran stamper. I am the first to admit that there are times I too have questions regarding cards. No question is a silly question even if it is something that looks easy. We all have to learn somewhere. So don't be shy. Ask away.

I sure have a lot of teacher's to thank in the next little while. My son has a regular teacher and 2 TA's, his Donjitsui teacher as well as his therapeutic swimming teacher ...and then of course there is my daughter's regular teacher (although right now she has a temp teacher who is in for the next two weeks while her teacher undergoes surgery), her ballet teacher and her gymnastics teacher...so that is 9 cards in total. As a teacher myself, I have to admit a TY card goes a long way. Teaching can be a lonely job and sometimes a pat on the back can be the perfect boost. I like to remind those people who work with my children how grateful I am to have them in our lives.





Recipe
Stamp Set(s):
Sentiment and image from Making the Grade (Kim Hughes Collection) by CHF

Cardstock:
-White cardstock by Co-ordinations
-Kraft by Prism Paper

Patterned Paper
-Sunny Lane from Suprise Collection by Scenic Route

Ink:
-Pitch Black by Ranger

Accessories
-Clear Patterned Ribbon
-Gingham Ribbon by May Arts
-Green Ribbon
-Blue Clip by MM

Tools
-Scalloped Circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders (Note: to achieve the look of this die, check the innie/outie technique listed in sidebar)
-Stapler
-Corner Rounder by EK Success

-Copic Markers
-Pop dots

Have a super day.

Alli

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yet another perfectly delightful and well crafted card! Just fabulous! I'm in such awe of you and your work.

Marlou McAlees said...

love this card Alli, its just excellent :) x

Vel said...

This is so cute! I love the detail.

Kevin Renz said...

Oh I love that stubby, fat pencil! Such unattractive words in "real" life, but perfect here.

Heather "Hev" said...

Love the clip holding the sentiment - adds that extra unique touch :)

Great cards :)

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE that card! It is fabulous! The colors are just amazing!!!

Lisa Kind said...

Thanks for the nod and nice comments about teachers. I'm a fifth grade teacher and it is a very hectic job! This is my second career (I was an accountant before teaching), and I must say I'm more exhausted everyday now than I ever was working long hour at accounting. I was able to leave my work at home before, but with teaching, there are always papers to correct, plans to make, and decisions to make about how to handle that certain child(ren). I would love to get something like this (and sometimes I do around the holidays). Thanks again from all teachers!

Matt Barney, Ph.D. said...

You might like to try my free swimming assessment with your kids - and I'd value your feedback. It's here http://blog.scientificleader.com/2008/11/29/free-swimming-assessment-rasch-measurement-demonstration/