Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Let there be Peace on Earth

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well today. I have a super fun card for you today. I hope from the photos below you will be able to replicate the card too.



You'll notice I stamped both the clear sheet and the patterned paper below the clear sheet using the same image. I did this to create a shadow look. It looks really neat IRL.



I used the pop dot to secure and raise the screw top brad. I actually pierced a hole through the pop dot and placed the brad through it. Notice the edges of the rose coloured cardstock has gold. I used my gold leafing pen to add some interest to the edges and tie in the colours.



Recipe

Stamp Set(s):
-We Three Kings (Aimee Nugent) by CHF
-Aged Music Sheet Scrapblock TM by CHF
-Christmas Expressions (Mona Lisa Moments) by CHF

Cardstock:
-Rose Dark by Prism Paper
-Cream by Prism Paper
-Clear Sheet by CHF

Patterned Paper
-Be Good Collection by Cosmo Cricket

Ink:
-Black StazOn by Tsukineko
-Butterscotch by Ranger

Accessories
-Screw Top Brads by Karen Foster
-Gold twine
-pop dots
-Gold leafing penby Krylon


Tools
-Nestabilities-label by Spellbinders


The other day I received a question regarding my use of double nestabilities. Please refer to this post for full instructions on innies and outies :)

Have a super day.
Alli

7 comments:

Debbie Griffin said...

Thank you for your help with the double nestabilities! I looked and looked for it myself...I really did, but I just could not find it! Love this card, too! You are amazing!

Juanita said...

That is a great idea, I may alter my Christmas card idea now. I was going to use some clear sheets anyhow, but now I may do it differently.

Marlou McAlees said...

a beautiful card Alli :) x

Lori Craig said...

you are so good.... love your wisemen, friend!

Beth Thomas said...

This is a beautiful card of a wonderful image! I love both the techniques shared- the shadow and popping your brad! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card!! What a super terrific idea with popping the brad like that!! Thanks for sharing :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Alli, I really like the way you used the acetate and shadowed the image. I liked it so much that I gave it a try myself! Because I did this, I linked back to you so everyone could see your wonderful work!

Thanks for sharing