Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Snow...

It's been a busy past few day (I think I have said that a lot lately) and I had the chance to enjoy some time with the kids yesterday. DH, the kids and I built a snowman. The crazy thing is we don't typically get hit with snow in January. Normally it's 1-3 days in Nov and 1 day in March so I can tell you I was mighty shocked to see the fluffy stuff falling. We also had a snow ball fight. The kids instigated it and this was the first year they KNEW what they were doing. It was really sweet. I hope to have a pic or two of our outdoor adventure later today or with tomorrow's post.

It only seemed fitting to share this card with you (no stamping *gasp*) but I did enjoy embossing and glittering that snowflake (which was one of those Heidi Swapp ghost snowflakes--the clear ones!)
This was a quick card. The design itself took a few minutes, the hardest part was the snowflake.



recipe

paper: close to cocoa (SU!), background blue grid worn (scenic route), tres jolie--bonjour (MME)
ink: tempting turquoise craft (SU!), chocolated and blueberries colorbox queue fluid chalk (clearsnap)
accessories: blue cheeky shimmer stickers (making memories), hemp twine (SU!), clear snowflake ghost shapes (Heidi Swapp), dimensionals (SU!), heat and stick powder (SU!) dazzling diamonds glitter (SU!)


Note: the background of the close to cocoa cs was painted with the fluid chalk ink to achieve a soft look. To achieve the dazzling snowflake: press on the craft ink pad, coat with heat and stick powder and heat until sticky and then coat with dazzling diamonds glitter with a very quick heat set. If you ever notice the glitter turning yellow you have heated it too long.

Have a super day!!!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

9 comments:

Jackie said...

Such a gorgeous card - that snowflake is wonderful!

All Pink girl said...

Fabulous card great colour combo ,Dawnx

Flossie's Follies said...

What a pretty card, love your glittery snowflake

Melissa said...

Lovely Alli! I'm trying to stick with winter themed items as well as I hold off on the Valentine's stuff! Thanks for the inspiration!

Many Blessings,
Melissa

Rose Ann said...

This is so pretty!! I love the colors and big snowflake!!

You are lucky to have the snow (I think). We lost all of ours. We even had a T'storm last night & a Tornado watch. Almost unheard of in MI this time of year.

Carolyn King said...

Awesome alli! i LOVE that snowflake...glad you had fun with the kids in the snow!

beate said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors and the paper you chose. Of course the sparkle snowflake and sentiment look incredible too.

Jessica said...

Love this card!

Charmaine (CharmWarm on SCS) said...

Love the sparkliness! WOW!