Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Getting down with the monkeys!

You have to love it when the mail day is a good one! And it's even better when you get twice the fun! And it is THE BEST when you get a card from Beate!!! Beate sent me some of those Changito images I have been drooling over. I placed an order about a month ago for those monkeys but my local supplier (4 hours away hehe) can't get them until July when she places her order. So I figured I would sit patiently until Beate came to the rescue!!! Thank you Beate for making my day. I have had a lot of fun playing with Changito and his buds.
I also received my Karen Foster snap stamps in the mail too. I was so excited and have been using them all day long. I also created a few cards to get me through the next few days while I visit with my mum and brother. We are having a nice lil' family reunion. The kids and I can't wait! Too bad DH has to work.
So back to the cards...I decided to share Beate's card first (of course hers ROCKS!) and then one of my newly created cards using one of the images she sent me.



Copyright Beate Johns

Isn't it cute??? Well with a saying like that I had to break out the music and let the monkeys swing!!! Okay, we actually just got down to some monkey business...*lol*



Monkey Business Card Recipe

Paper: Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Basic Grey DP, Lil Davis DP
Ink: Basic Black
Stamp Set(s): Changito Pair (Stampendous), Snap Stamps (Karen Foster)
Accessories: Stampin Write Markers, Aquapainter, Brads (Misc), Paper Piercer

Note: This card is 4.25x4.25. Beate's card is also the same size.

Thanks again Beate!!!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

11 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just adorable! I just got my hands on a bunch of those monkey stamps and they just scream cuteness!

Amy said...

Oh! Love your monkeys! Beate sent me some for my birthday recently and I made up two cards yesterday--I had SO much fun playing with them. I'll be featuring them on my blog today!

Amy

p.s. BTW, I can't believe YOU actually visited my blog yesterday and left a message! I consider you one of the elite!!! Come back soon!

Rose Ann said...

The monkeys are so cute! Both Beate's and yours are so cute!! I love 'em! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Alli, I am so glad the little monkeys got to you allright!
I love the card you created. The green background paper is perfect. Your card just makes one smile!

Alhambra Club said...

How cute, those monkey stamps are adorable, love the background paper, great cards.

Peggy Maier said...

Such cute cards, both of them! Those little monkeys are great!

Tracy.H said...

Lucky you! Great card. :0)

Sherrie said...

oh I had these cute little fella's in my hands yesterday and walked around with them.....then sadly....put them back. Have to pay for copic markers. They are all so cute and I love the playful layouts and pp choices you made. Wonderful as per usual!

Libby Hickson said...

These are ADORABLE - great job! And aren't those snap stamps the best? I love them!!

Michele Kovack said...

I love these monkeys! I want some!

Anonymous said...

So cute -- those monkeys are adorable, and I love what you did with them! I've been searching high and low for Snap Stamps -- how great that you got your hands on some! :)