Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Saying goodbye to good ol' stamps!

May is such an exciting month in the SU! world. I have been a demo for nearly 3.5 years and every year it is the same thing...they announce the list and all you want to do is read it. Then you read it again. And you read it a third time just to make sure you didn't miss anything. The truth is, the shock doesn't necessarily sink in right away. Losing some of those stamp sets is like losing a first born (ok not really) but seriously...I have had some of those sets since the beginning. They are my best tool. They are the old reliables and letting go is hard. That being said, I am ALL for new stamps and accessories too. So I embraced the reality and counted up my losses and all tolled I think I lost not more than about 40 stamp sets. Some I will keep, others will be flying out the door.
So that leaves me back to my title...I decided to make another window card using my all time FAV SU! set...Petal Prints. Petal Prints and I met in the summer of 04. It was love at first sight. We were together ALL summer and then SU! released the holiday mini. Petal Prints and I shared some good times here but waited anxiously for news that Petal Prints avoided the chopping block. Alas, we were reunited in the summer of 05 and even though I don't Petal Prints all the time, it is truly my fav set of all time. So now I say Thank You to an old friend!



Thank You Petal Prints Card Recipe

Paper: Sahara Sand, Chocolate Chip, Window Sheet, Spring Showers DP
Ink: Basic Black, Jet Black Staz On
Stamp Set(s): Petal Prints, Wonderful Words
Accessories: Slit Punch, 1/4 inch Circle Punch, 1 3/8 inch Square Punch, Scalloped Square Punch (Marvy), White Grosgrain Ribbon


It was so fun to recreate the "Fancy Pants Designs" packaging along the spine of the card. So simple to do using the punches too.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

P.S. There was a delay posting the blog candy. I didn't get a photo taken before I left town for the night so it should be up this evening (most likely late on the PST).

9 comments:

Bethany Paull said...

REALLY great card. I love that paper with the kraft and black. And who doesn't love a window card.

Stefanie said...

Petal Prints is one of my all time favorites too!

Your card is super cute!

Allison Rankin said...

Looks very pretty!

CraftyMomOf3 said...

OOO Alli!! So pretty!! I love the colors and the layout as well as the phenomenal stamping!

This is my first catalog year stamping so I'm trying to figure out what I can afford to order before it goes away!! =)

Hope you're having a great day!

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to say goodbye! *Dabs eyes with a tissue*. I am actually a fairly new demo so I don't really have many of the older sets. The list was huge this year!

Anonymous said...

Girl...I love this card! I also love Petal Prints. I usually sell my retired sets, but Petal Prints won't leave my house! EVER!!!

Love how you did the border. I kept my Fancy Pants package from the stamps because I liked it so much!

Mom of Three said...

OK seriously, you must sell me your stamps...seriously.

QuiltNut Creations said...

beautiful! i love how you punched the window and the paper on the side-very nice!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card! I feel your pain about Petal Prints. I'm so sad that one's leaving. It's a set that I came late to, I must confess I didn't get the hoopla over it. Then the scales fell from my eyes and I saw the possibilities. I've loved using it and I'll be sorry to see it retired. I keep hoping SU will bring some old faves out of retirement someday for a special catalogue and maybe we'll see it there.