Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Alli vs the Questions Round 1

You asked it, now it is time to answer it! I am talking about all those wonderful questions you included for the recent blog candy. Now before I scare you off with all this writing let me tell you I plan to answer between 5-10 questions a day. I will continue to post pics of cards and projects but you may have to wait until later in the day for those since it takes time to answer the questions. So here it is...round 1!

  1. How many altered projects have you done and where do you get your idea's?

I have probably completed about 30 altered projects in the 3.5 years that I have been stamping. I first learned about altering things through SCS and generally that is where I got my ideas from. However, that being said, nowadays when I am finished eating something from an interesting package I can’t help but alter it. I have even gone as far as buying something just for the packaging…when I got home I emptied it out just to alter it.

  1. Do you have a big challenge?

My biggest challenge is finding enough time to do all the things I want to do. I get all these ideas and I just want to spend the whole day creating. That is very hard with a 3 and 4 year old at home. So I just break down my big challenge into achievable goals because it is easier to achieve smaller goals. I try and find 15-30 minute intervals throughout the day to work in my stamp room. Sometimes the kids come and help me and other times I work solo!

  1. My question is.... do you have an inspiration journal? document? folder?

I do have a journal. In fact I have two journals! I have one which is solely my inspiration where I cut out things I see in magazines, flyers, newspaper you name it and paste them under specific categories. One of my categories is colour. You know I like my colours! They don’t come together by accident (ok some have…). Another heading is concepts. Under concepts I include images of things that just flow with me. Most recently my whole card layout was based on this brown suede purse I just happened to see in a magazine. I promise over the next few weeks that I will share some photos with you.

  1. My question for you is: What is your favourite non-SU embellishment?

Oh that is easy, ribbon! I adore all sorts of ribbon. I have restrained quite a bit over the past few years but now I could totally see myself turn into the next Jody from Texas *lol* I am a ribbon addict.

  1. What is your favorite project (cardmaking, scrapbooking, altering things...)

Wow…my favourite project?! Hmmm I have to say my all time favourite projecst are some of my scrapbook pages of my children. That being said, I do have some favourite cards including one that I will be submitting soon. I promise to share them at a later time.

  1. "What is your favorite stamp set (SU or non-SU)?"

My favourite all time SU! set is retiring this year; Petal Prints !!! My other favourite stamp set is Butterfly Kisses by Papertrey Ink. I just adore Papertrey Ink stamps. They are superior in every way…the only problem I have is I can’t get here fast enough because they get stuck on the other side of the border!!!!

  1. My question is where do you find your inspiration??

My inspiration comes from everything. From the vase in the store window, to the pattern in fabric. I draw inspiration from magazines, fashion, concepts in art. I adore the bright colours in kids bedding (Pottery Barn etc).

  1. Is there a technique you try that you just don't like or haven't figured out yet?

*Lol* I love this question! I so have an answer for this one. I absolutely hated doing emerging colour TLC109. I forced myself to do it and I am glad I did but I still don’t like the card I made for it.

  1. What inspires you most when you are creating?

Music is my ultimate inspiration but I do get excited over colour combos and DP!

  1. What is your favorite Decorative Paper and what company does it come from?
I LOVE just about anything Crate Paper or My Minds Eye. My favourite DP this week *lol yes it can change weekly is the Magnolia line from My Minds Eye, specifically Me and You and Out Sweet Home

Don't forget to check back later today for a new creation. Thanks again for the questions...you are challenging me in a good way!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alli,
your berry card is beautiful! I love your big strip on the right with the repeated sentiment.
Like you I added circles over the squares. It softens this tough layout!