Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Just because...

I came across an amazing blogger the other day. She inspired me in life! Her name is Melissa Bickford and she shared an amazing story about survival and reminded me to appreciate the little things...the every day things. You know something, it was nice to slow down and enjoy simplicity because simple speaks loudly!
This card design is based on Melissa's March 28th card called"Trash to Treasure"...all I can say is I can't believe I didn't think of doing this before! She bought some stamps from Hobby Lobby (similar to the Clear Stamps from M's) and as she was pealing them off the plastic packaging she realized the outline remained in black. So clever Melissa cut them out and mounted them on her card. In my "faux" attempt, I stamped my image on a window sheet with StazOn. I just love how she double punched and created a "clear" window for the image. So of course I CASED this idea, added DP as well as a little real red centre for the flower (to help draw your eye to the window).



Just Because Petal Prints Window Card Recipe (that is a mouthful!)

Paper: DP (Chatterbox), Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Jet Black StazOn
Stamp Set(s): Petal Prints, Paper Tray (Paper Trey Ink)
Accessories: Square Punch, Stitched Ribbon, Square Scallop Punch (Marvy), Corner Rounder

Thanks for looking!!! And thank you Melissa for reminding me about the important things in life. When was the last time you just "got lost" looking at the sky? Or when you smelled the apple pie you just baked?

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

7 comments:

Jana Weaver said...

Beautiful card Alli!! I love the use of the window sheet on here! I also love your big blosom card below...you did a great job with your reverse mask - very impressive!

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute...love the colors and window sheet!

Ila said...

I love this and your big blossom card. Thanks for sharing the link to Melissas blog..I've been enjoying it as well.

Nancy said...

What a great card... and thanks for the link for somewhere new to check out.

Maggie Lamarre said...

luv the card and your friend did a fab job on teh watermark
Maggie

Anonymous said...

Alli...just wanted to thank you...you are so sweet!

I LOVE what you did with your card....I'm happy I could inspire you some.

I love your work...I'll be adding you to my favorites!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to step out of the bos! Love the idea of recycling the acetate pieces. I'll definitely have to do this window technique. Thanks!