Sunday, April 22, 2007

Chipboard Sneak Peaks and Basics Tutorial...

It's almost here...I have been working on my chipboard tutorial for you. I apologize for the photo quality. Once I am back in my home environment I can use the appropriate lighting for my photos. My flight didn't get in until dark so there wasn't much I could do...
I just can't tell you how excited I am about this chipboard. I have a bunch of neat ideas that I plan to share with you in the next few days. I know that chipboard is BEAUTIFUL but many people just don't know what to do with it.
Here is your sneak peak...this is how you cuttlebug your OWN chipboard letters/dies using chipboard coasters.

This is what you will need:
Coasters, Cuttlebug, and Die Cuts/Alphabets (this is Olivia Alphabet)



Line your die cut face up and across the clear cutting pad (above the line with the B)



Next place your coaster over top of the desired letters or image and sandwich with another cutting pad and roll through the machine.



The possibilities are endless!!!! How fun is it to make your own chipboard dies???



Tips:
  • You get the best "punch out" of the letters or images by covering a small area. This is not difficult for the single dies, but harder with dies that have multiple letters/images such as the Olivia Alphabet set featured above.
  • Cut one image/letter at a time for best results
  • If you plan to cover the chipboard with DP cut them at the same time!
  • For the longer words like hi and thanks make sure you roll them through two times for an even cut.
Stay tuned for more tips, ideas and examples using chipboard. I just know you will be WOWed!

Thanks for looking.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

P.S. It is my best friend's b-day today. We have been best friends since the third grade over 22 years ago. Happy B-day Ellen!!! 29 forever!!! *wink*

1 comment:

Kim said...

Great tutorial, thanks! Can you let me know how thick the chipboard is that you used? I have some very heavy weight coasters and they wouldn't make it through the Cuttlebug. Thanks!!