Monday, March 26, 2007

These bold butterflies...

just keep calling my name. It must be the highly anticipated arrival of my new beauties...Butterfly Kisses from Papertrey Ink. Come on butterflies...fly over the border!!!!!!! Come to momma! If you haven't ordered these beauties yet, you'll have to wait a little longer as they are currently on backorder until March 30th. Since the 30th is SOOO close to the unveiling of the new special release stamp set April 1st, I'd wait just one more day just to see...

My friend Sara (*waving*) who owns Oasis Scrapbooking in my old hometown sent me a box of goodies and included this rockin' AAM Couture Posh Design 3 DP (wow that is a mouth full). Anyways, the moment I saw it, I envisioned my flutterbug all over it.
The other day I was encouraged to haul out the ol' glossy card stock for a SCS challenge. Since then I was thinking of other ways I could use it. One of my fav techniques is the versa resist technique. I stamped the solid butterfly in VersaMark and then rolled Elegant Eggplant over it using a brayer. I used my a cutout butterfly (stamped on paper and cut it out) as a template and applied the mini background stamp from Looks Like Spring (oh ya THAT stamp set from last year *lol*) in both Basic Brown and Basic Black. As a final touch, I stamped the outline of the butterfly using Whisper White craft ink. If you are looking for a quick design, the craft ink may not be your choice ink. I just used my heat tool to speed the drying process from about 3 hours to about 2-4 minutes. I also tried using the white StazOn but I didn't like how it turned out.
Oh oh...another tid bit. You'll love this one if you own the spritzer. I didn't have the right colour Prima flower to go with this layout so I used my spritzer and coordinating stampin' write marker and VOILA a Prima to match. I have a whole order of the Primas shipping from Texas from my blog buddy Jody...just have to be patient and creative in the meantime.



Flutterbug Card Recipe


Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Glossy, Posh Design 3 DP (AAM Couture)
Ink: Basic Black, Basic Brown, Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White
Stamp Set(s): Looks Like Spring, Bold Butterfly, Think Big
Accessories: Prima, Misc Button, Grosgrain Ribbon: White, Eggplant, Taupe, Dotted Ribbon (Dashes, Dots & Checks), Colour Spritzer Tool, Stampin' Write Marker: Elegant Eggplant and Pale Plum


Have a great week. Don't forget to pencil in some stampin'.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

1 comment:

Allison Rankin said...

This is lovely...so like that DP you chose!