Friday, March 30, 2007

Something old..something new...

As you are probably aware, I made a cute little baby card for a SCS challenge last week. When the sun came out from behind the clouds I started cleaning and I was so excited to find a picture frame in my stash of things and yes I have a stash of misc things! I picked this beautiful frame up at one of those liquidation stores about a year ago for $6 CAD. At the time I didn’t have a plan for it but figured I would eventually find something great to do with it! Well this card just screamed to be framed. And then I started thinking how fun it would be to convert this card into a baby memento; one that could hang on the wall in the baby's room! A gift where you could add baby information to personalize it.

Of course, there are no new babies in my life right now but many of my friends are expecting so this might be that perfect “handstamped” gift. I left the canvas blank on the right hand side so that I could stamp the name, birth date, weight, height etc of the next new baby!

I wanted to share this with you because your latest creation might also be the perfect home gallery piece too! Not only a personal gift but also a very inexpensive to make.

I had a good laugh when I looked at this photo. I used the natural day light as my light source and it doesn't do the frame justice. And after the tutorial I gave yesterday I can only shake my head at what I am showing you today *lol* Almost fitting. See...even I am still learning!!!

Yes, it’s short and sweet today. I promise to keep you jumping in the next few days as I celebrate a milestone in my life. The best part??? There’s candy. And it is the TASTIEST ever!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

4 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

A nice idea for a prezzie...TFS!

Annie said...

Sooooo cute! Your friend will be thrilled!

Bonnie Weiss said...

Nice to receive a lasting gift, in place of clothes (everyone seems to get tons of newborn things). The new Mom will have this framed card to remind her of your thoughtfulness.

Diana said...

What a beautiful keepsake..anyone will be thrilled to receive it!!!