Wednesday, February 14, 2007

If you give a girl a rubber stamp…

…she’ll play to her hearts content. She’ll spend all day stamping handmade cards until her tummy rumbles and she’ll want to get some food. Opening the refrigerator will remind her that she is thirsty. When she pours the milk she will spill it on her shirt. You’ll hand her a new tee and she’ll probably want to take the dirty one to the laundry. She might get carried away with the detergent and have to mop up the suds. You’ll hand her a mop and a bucket and while she cleans the floor she will notice a piece of paper. She’ll pick it up and read the number and she’ll probably remember she has a play date with her friend in the morning. Which means she’ll set up her tea cups and plates for a tea party. Setting up her tea party will remind her that she is hungry. On her way to the kitchen she’ll see a handmade card sitting on the mantel and chances are she’ll ask you for a rubber stamp.



If you haven’t read them before, I recommend the children’s series If you give a Mouse a Cookie, If you Take a Mouse to School, If you Give a Moose a Muffin, If you Give a Pig a Pancake, If you Take a Mouse to the Movies, If you Give a Pig a Party by Laura Numeroff. I love the fun word play in these stories. You have to chuckle because from a kids perspective it is easy to jump from one idea to another—so really these stories are like every day stories. You can tell that I have been in that mode lately too. I have been jumping around with my blog and let me tell you it has been fun.

Anyhow, the other day my daughter decided to be a “Stampin’ Up!” lady. She put on my apron, grabbed her stamps, paper and pencils from the kids drawer (very handy btw!!!) in my stamp room and started stampin’ alongside mum. It was a priceless moment. I had to capture her in the action and couldn’t resist sharing this photo with you.

There is hope yet; she may JUST follow in mum’s footsteps…if you give a girl a rubber stamp...


My point is anyone can be a stamper! And what fun it is to include those special little people in all aspects of our lives too. Hey if it spares me 10 more minutes in the stamp room, it is worth it!

Stayed tuned for some more stamping and Cuttlebug action...

Happy Stamping!!!!

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

P.S. Happy Heart Day!!!!!

1 comment:

QuiltNut Creations said...

she is so cute! those books are a family favorite here