Thursday, June 7, 2012

Crafty friends--Run with it!

Super excited to be posting again today.  Just over 3 years ago I moved to a new community and quickly learned about all the paper crafting stores that were close by (after all I lived in the boonies for 4 years).  It took me for drives sometimes up to 1.5 hours away but well worth it.  You can imagine to my shock when one day I was on Splitcoast and saw a banner and learned about a stamp store that was 20 minutes away from my house that carried A*muse stamps and had classes too.  Julie Ebersole was the first person that most influenced me towards these cute stamps and because I admire her clean style I was quickly influenced to add some of these stamps to my collection.  Interestingly, I also learned that one of the instructors for A*Muse lived on Vancouver Island and not far from me.  In fact, she lived close enough that she was going to be teaching at my local store.  Insert my crafting friend Glenda Wyatt.  Many of you know my amazing friend from her DT work, cover girl status on several crafty magazines, her participation in many challenges and being featured on several high profile crafty sites.  Yup.  I know this famous gal and love her to bits.  What you may not know is her true personality.  She is about as down to earth as you can get.  She makes the effort to reach out to you at all times.  She is the kind of person who sends you a card on your birthday or when you wreck your knee *insert sarcasm*.  She is the kind of person that tells you she is rolling through town and would it be ok to meet and stamp together.  She knows how to make you laugh.  She knows how to listen.  She is just like a sistah! Glenda is an amazing friend and I am so grateful to have her in my life.  We have enjoyed hours of stamping together, have enjoyed several meals together as well as shared life stories.  Thank you for being such a great friend Glenda!!

Not long ago, Glenda was posting about running on FB and funny enough so was I.  Glenda was training for a 10K but was planning to do a 5K about a month after for fun.  The funny thing is, I participating in a 12 week transformation challenge and was running 5K as part of my weekly cardio component.  Put two and two together, and I joined Glenda for the Victoria Goddess Run on June 3rd.  We had an amazing run and placed 5th and 6th in our age group out of 95 women and between 19-24 in the whole group (364 women).  It was a beautiful day and a memorable one too.






Thanks so much for letting me share.  Much more to share in the coming weeks.  Don't forget, to send your crafty friends some love--a card, a hello, a thank you.  It goes such a long way.  You just never know what kind of adventures you may do with a friend you met online and then in person.  No one could have told me that I would be running (which by the way was NOT my thing) with a friend I met 3 years ago...especially not after sustaining a knee injury.  If you can dream...dream big. Anything is possible.

Alli xox

11 comments:

Laurel said...

Good for you Alison! I was never a runner and like you, would have never dreamed of running in a race. Hubby encouraged me to do an 8K a few months after I started running and now a couple of years later I have done some 10k runs and a half marathon so yes, anything is possible.

Glenda J said...

Wow! Not really sure what to say other than I feel the same way and am honoured to call you my friend, now and always. Slightly speechless (you know that's rare)! I'm so happy we could run together and that I could be with you during a little part of your journey. You are an amazing and beautiful person, inside and out. Hugs.

Jocelyn Olson said...

Hooray for you! That's fantastic! Glenda is awesome and a great friend. :)

cheiron said...

Congrats on your run, that is fantastic! Glenda is an amazing woman and friend and you are so lucky to live close enough to her to get to see her!

jenn shurkus said...

what a great story :) i have only been able to hang out with glenda in real life a little bit... but online and through mail i have been able to get to know her a ton, and your description of her is dead on.... she is such a sweetie :) happy to call her a friend. congrats on your run too!

Donna Huisinga said...

An inspiring post. I enjoyed it very much. Congratulations. I'm glad you included the pictures.

Emily Leiphart said...

I love Glenda, too! What a great post. Congrats to both of you for completing a great run!

JD said...

You rock girl

thomas sabo jewellery said...

Geza Schön developed GLAM ‘N SOUL, an elegant, florally-fruity fragrance with delicate, glamorous nuances and a profoundly feminine soul. The company’s very first men’s fragrance – REBEL AT HEART – was created by Mark Buxton to complement the hugely-successful THOMAS SABO Watches jewellery line of the same name, capturing the charisma of the independent, authentic rebel in the process.

The fragrances will be available exclusively from Douglas perfumeries and all THOMAS SABO UK SALE shops from the middle of August.

Abercrombie said...

In a conference call with investors, Chairman and CEO Mike Jefferies blamed Abercrombie and Fitch amsterdam ’s high inventory levels for preventing it from chasing trends more quickly.
Abercrombie and Fitch parijs, which was forced to cut prices during the recession, is facing a new round of challenges as it copes with the government debt crisis in Europe and a stubbornly challenging environment at home.

pandora nz said...

Pandora charms has become the jewellery choice for women all over the world, that pandora nz own personal style. Pandora jewellery collection offers a rich array of stylish jewellery created by artisans using the finest materials.