Sunday, January 24, 2010

Stamp It! Cards issue




If you haven't already seen it on the stands, the new Stamp It! Cards magazine, a special edition from Paper Crafts, is now available and probably my FAVOURITE edition as of late!  I had the pleasure to participate in the "Stamp It! 3 Ways" feature using PTI's Everyday Button Bits where 3 designers were given the challenge of using the same stamp set to show you several different cards you can create using the same set (p.81).  I was featured alongside of Maren Benedict and Dawn McVey.  In addition, creative genius Erin Lincoln used my stamp set Shapes by Design to create a "Starbust" on p. 30.  I have to admit, seeing someone create a card using one of my sets and having it published is almost more exciting to me than having my own cards published LOL.  So if you ever get a card published using one of my sets PLEASE let me know which magazine/issue etc and I will happily go and buy it!

I choose the bicycle image from Everyday Button Bits and added a splash of colour.  My colour pallette was inspired from the trim at the bottom of the card in addition to the ribbon! 






Stamp Set(s):  Everyday Button Bits by PTI
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White by PTI
Patterned Paper: Gumdrop Sprinkles from Colorful Christmas Collection by MME
Ink: Dark Chocolate by PTI
Accents: Striped Ribbon by MME, Buttons by PTI

Tools: Copic Ciao markers, EK Success scallop punch, square nestabilities by Spellbinders

Hope you are having a terrific Sunday!  We are expecting company today and are looking forward to catching up with friends.

Alli

4 comments:

Merry said...

Oh wow....how exciting is all that. Love your cards they are beautiful.

Dawn Easton said...

Ohhhhhhhhh love that card! It's fabulous! Congrats on the publications too! How exciting to see someone else using your set in a magazine!!!
I'll have to look for this at the store this weekend! Thanks for the heads up!

Rose Ann said...

Congratulations! How exciting, Alli! I can't wait to get my copy!!

I love your adorable bicycle card too!!

Laurel said...

Oh how fun!