Monday, October 11, 2010

Holiday Sparkle Day 3

Welcome to day 3! We are at the half way mark and I am sure you are eagerly counting down to the 15th by now.  I just wanted to thank everyone of you who left me a comment. It's always nice to get happy mail.  As many of you know we just finished celebrating Thanksgiving in Canada so all that turkey and the turkey leftovers have really put my in the festive mood! 

My first project for today is a decorative mini box.  I love these pillow boxes because they are easy to make and they are a perfect place to store small gifts and treats.  You can find many different templates online or go HERE to print yours.



INSTRUCTIONS
Gift Pillow Box
  1. Print outline on cardstock and use a stylus to create folds.
  2. Cut layers and punch scallop edge.
  3. Stamp image.  Apply rhinestones (colour using RV19) and stamp sentiment.
  4. Attach ribbon and twine.  Attach threaded button.
  5. Adhere all layers
SUPPLIES

Stamp Set(s):  Holiday Sparkle by PTI available October 15th,
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White by PTI, Garden Green by PTI, Raspberry Fizz by PTI
Ink: True Black by PTI, Garden Green by PTI
Accent: Clear Rhinestones, Ribbon by PTI, Baker's Twine by PTI, misc wood button
Tools: Copic Marker: RV19, W1, Scalloped Punch by EK Success

For my second project I created a masculine holiday card since I send out cards to all my husband's coworkers including the single guys (normally I can make the other cards a little more feminine...but can't get away with that for the single guys LOL). This card and colour combo is the perfect touch: simple and not over the top.



INSTRUCTIONS
CARD
  1. Create card base.
  2. Cut layers, scallop circle and other circles.
  3. Stamp image and background.  Punch using die cut.  Apply rhinestones.
  4. Stamp sentiment.
  5. Attach ribbon and folded circle with stapler.
  6. Attach thread.
  7. Adhere all layers
SUPPLIES

Stamp Set(s):  Holiday Sparkle by PTI available October 15th, Background Basics Retro by PTI,  Holiday Spirit Sentiments by PTI
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White by PTI, Garden Green by PTI, Aqua Mist by PTI, Pure Poppy by PTI, Kraft by PTI
Ink: True Black by PTI
Accent: Clear Rhinestones, Ribbon by PTI, Baker's Twine by PTI
Tools: Scalloped Circle and Circle Nestabilities by Spellbinders, Scalloped Punch by EK Success, Circle Punch by EK Success

Thanks again for stopping by!  Don't forget to leave me a comment today so I know you have been here! I'll see you back for day 4 of the Holiday Sparkle sneak peeks.

Alli

5 comments:

katemade designs said...

Love the pillow box. Do you really put the rhinestones on first then stamp the sentiment?

JazzyH said...

Great projects

Jessie said...

Ali love the pillow box! Looking forwards to the rest of the week!

Diane Jaquay said...

Both of these are AWESOME! I love making pillow boxes and yours is just beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Alli...all of your sneak peeks are fabulous!!! Love your clean designs!!! Your little pillow box stole my heart...I love it!!!

It was so nice talking to you earlier....your support means a lot to me!!! Hugs ~S~