Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Take Three: Summer Day 4

Thank you again for all your warm and happy comments!  I am thrilled that you are enjoying the sneak peaks.  It's always fun to come up with new designs and ways to use a stamp set.

Many Thanks

The first card up today uses a technique I learned many years ago.  The 3-d effect.  Every once in a while you will see it pop up on my blog.  To create this effect all you need is white ink along with a colour ink.  Always start with the white and stamp the colour over the top to create a pop.  So simple and yet so striking.

Step 1: Create a base and layers. Use scor-pal to create vertical and horizontal line groupings on top layer.
Step 2: Create a die cut and paper square. Create edges using scor-pal. Stamp bird image using 3-d effect outlined above.  Stamp sentiment and mini flower stamp.
Step 3: Attach ribbon.
Step 4: Adhere layers.





















 




SUPPLIES
Stamp Set(s): Take Three: Summer (Urban Design by Alli Miles) PTI
Cardstock: Kraft by PTI, True Black by PTI, Plum Pudding by PTI
Ink: True Black by PTI, Snow Cap by PTI, Plum Pudding by PTI
Accent: Ribbon by PTI
Tools: Scor-Pal, Nestabilities by Spellbinders

CAS Cards


I am not sure about you, I am often grabbing the same types of cards to give to friends and family and suddenly my supply runs out.  I like creating a go to card.  One that won't take all day long to make and can be easily recreated.
I created three cards using three colours and three different images and sentiments from Take Three: Summer.  Hmmm there is a three theme going on here... While I added stickles to the images they look just as good without. 

Step 1: Create a base.  Stamp polka dot strip.
Step 2: Stamp image, punch, and create a square die cut.
Step 3: Stamp sentiment, adhere layers and apply stickles.






























SUPPLIES
Stamp Set(s): Take Three: Summer (Urban Design by Alli Miles) PTI, Polka Dot Basics by PTI
Cardstock: Stamper's Select White by PTI, Pure Poppy by PTI, New Leaf by PTI, Summer Sunrise by PTI
Ink: True Black by PTI, Pure Poppy by PTI, New Leaf by PTI, Summer Sunrise by PTI
Accents: Stickles by Ranger
Tools: Nestabilities by Spellbinders, Corner Chomper by We R Memory Makers


Thanks again for stopping by today! I'd love to hear from you and don't forget there is still 1 more day of sneak peaks before Take Three: Summer is released.

Alli

14 comments:

PJ said...

I love your latest designs! Can't wait to play with this set ;) Thanks! Pamela~

Laura.K said...

Thanks for this new technique. I must try it.

Kari D said...

Your cards are always so clean and fresh....today's are no different! Love the looks, especially the flower card. MUST be all the white space and splash of color! THANKS!

Vicki B. said...

Okay I love this look! So simple yet beautiful! How easy it will be to keep a stash of those ready or actually get done last minute! Thank you!

Lorus! said...

I like the colors you used today - the purple and black are something I might not have tried, but I like it! The 'white and bright' cards are so clean and summery. I would love to give or receive a set like this!

Sharon said...

Love these CAS cards! They're happy and stunning!

Kar said...

love how simple they are!!

Velta said...

Beautiful!!! I am sooo looking forward to May 15th!

CurlyCraze said...

I really love the flower image you used today- so pretty!

Dee in N.H. said...

I like your technique tip. I've got to try that. I really love your CAS cards! Great stamp set!

Unknown said...

Oh wow - how have I never seen that cool technique before? And I do love those 'go-to' cards. Perfect CAS!

Anonymous said...

Love all of today's cards. The purple bird card is beautiful, even if I don't understand the technique. And I love the flower cards. A variety pack for a very nice gift. Simple and elegant. Thanks for Take 3.

I don't have a password that is working tonight so will have to be anonymous.

Tammy Q Howell said...

Love your cas cards. That 3d technique is an oldie but goodie! Thanks for reminding me of it.

Lynn said...

I love these cards! It would make great teacher gifts to make a variety of these sets of cards! thanks for the inspiration!