Friday, February 13, 2009

Let's PARTY!

First of all--thanks so much for the well wishes. I think I am on the mend. I am just so tired of being sick all the time. I think this is the fourth "icky" I have had since January!

So did you check out Nichole's post today? (teehee!) For anyone who has known me since elementary school you'd know that bunny is part of my life story! I used to doodle it on every piece of paper and even wrote a story about that sweet lil' bunny (mon petit lapin). Nichole also shared the leafy circular background. I thought I'd share that I {heart} those leaves--they were inspired by leaves on my PJs! Perhaps I'll even share a photo one day.

Have you been following the 2nd anniversary giveaways?? Make sure you partake in the 1st annual Papertrey Bunny Hunt!



Not only is it fun to look for those cute bunnies but also to look at those amazing projects that the DT has created using Tags for Spring. Nichole has all the details in her post.

Ok, onto today's card...

I have been getting creative with my scor-pal. In fact, all you need to do is look back at my last few posts and you'll see how I have been "changing" it up! I spent a good 4 hours one day last week creating a bunch of cards and found myself drawn to my scor-pal and a variety of stamps and product. I had two cards pubbed in January's "Cards Magazine" and received a box of goodies that I just HAD to play with including the ultra fun birthday line called Surprise from Scenic Route. I also broke out my Just Right stamps!!! I {heart} stamps from Just Right Stampers--especially the alphas. The possibilities are endless!! Imagine all the words, expressions and sentiments you can create in many different sizes.



I scored the edges around the sentiment to make it pop out. What was really fun was that this "ledge" was the perfect place to put the "let's party" chipboard sentiment.
Note: If you want your card to be a perfect 4.25x5.5 you'll need to score it approx .25-.50 larger (so 4.5-4.75 rather than 4.25) to account for the fold. Of course it all depends on how much you score it. Play around and create a prototype first :)



I actually looped the paper and placed the candle inside for some added birthday pizzazz!



Supplies
Stamp Set(s): Times New Roman by Just Right Stampers
Cardstock: Stampers Select White by PTI
Patterned Paper: Surprise Line by Scenic Route

Ink: Dark Chocolate by PTI
Accents: Chipboard by Scenic Route, Arrow by Scenic Route

Tools: Scor-Pal

Other: Candle

Have a terrific day.

Alli

5 comments:

Broni said...

This is just so cool, Alli!

Elizabeth S. said...

So cute!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Very fun!! :)
Congrats on the pubs!! :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant idea, your card is great! Congratulations on the publications!!

Cynde said...

What a Truly fun and Brillantly striking card....
thanks for sharing your fresh ideas and inspiration....