Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Out for Publication Sign

First of all did you notice it was my blogoversary yesterday??? 2 years and counting. Too bad my counter decided to go on vacation. I do know that the last time I looked it rolled over 500000. I couldn't be more proud and thankful. You know I couldn't do this without you. *smiles*

In my BIG publication post I mentioned the importance of pulling your cards and projects that have been picked up for publication from online galleries and blogs. This can be a daunting task so being prepared is the first step. There are several ways you can do this. You can 1) delete cards in your galleries or blog posts 2) create a digital/word banner (Out for Publication) or 3) create a mock card front (like I have) and post it in place of the existing photo so you can keep your post intact. The benefit of options 2 and 3 is that you can keep your post and potentially add the photo back--read the fine print of your contract first.

In my post I mentioned that Kim Hughes created a CUTE Out for Publication "sign". On a side note she also created her blog banner in her Kim flair!!! Having worked with Kim and having met her in person, I can only say good things. She is such an inspiration--I just love her to bits.

Today's post was COMPLETELY inspired by Kim. Of course, many of you will recognize that I added the Alli flair. I couldn't resist using my lil' owl and some PTI goodness. It has been so long since I have used my Wise Owl set in a post but since I hope to use this "Out for Publication" a little more I thought it should reflect me! So from now on, if you see this "sign" in a post you know why!



Here is a close up:



What do you think? It was lots of fun to create so I am sending out a challenge to you as well. If you plan to get serious about pub work, I challenge you to create your own Out for Publication sign. Once you have, please link back here to share it with me. I'd love to see it :)

I hope you have a terrific day. And see you again tomorrow.

Alli

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Alli. I hope to see a lot of it this year!

~amy~ said...

**cute** your "out for publication" card is going to get pubbed since it is sooo stinkin' cute!

Jennifer Roach said...

That is *SERIOUSLY* cute Alli!

If only I got to USE one of the signs more often LOL!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, Alli! I'm sure we'll be seeing your out for pub sign a TON in the future! And what a clever challenge!

Tamara said...

What a cute sign! Thanks again for all of your help with publications.

Becca said...

Thanks for the pub post! Very informative! LOVE YOUR SIGN! Thanks for the motivation to make my own. Mine is just a computer graphic. :)

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Oh Alli this is so adorable it really makes me smile. I really appreciate all of your tips for what to do for publishing your cards. I made a vow to myself that this will be the year that I submit my cards in the hopes of getting published. Hope you have a great day and TFS.

Debbie/Phx AZ

Kimberly Crawford said...

that is WAY fabulous! I need to update my VERY lame sign!!

Marlou McAlees said...

oh wow!!! absolutely gorgeous card alli :) x

retiredheather said...

Sorry we missed you blogoversary yesterday. I send you my personal congrats. Love your òut for publication`card. Very well done. It looks great.
Hugs
Heather

DeniseLynn said...

Love the super cute out for pub sign. And a BIG congrats on the 500000! *oh and I just mailed out a set of cards to Stampers Sampler ... let's hope they like what they see!

mommaladystamper said...

What a cute, cute sign. Love it. Hope to see it alot this yr. when I am looking at all of your beautiful cards and creations.

Anonymous said...

HYappy Blogaversary!
I just wanted to thank you for all the effort you put into your art and sharing it with us. You truely inspire me daily and I'm sure that is true for many other people too.
My heartfelt thanks
God Bless
Catherine M

Anonymous said...

I love this idea!! SO cute!!