Sunday, May 20, 2007

A Beate Challenge...

Beate posted a challenge a few days ago to create a card based on her fun and edgy layout using scallops, punches and ribbon. And of course she used her flower bee. Those bees all the buzz so I just had to pick me up a few too (Bee Trio and Bee Daisy). I ordered them a few weeks ago from an south island stamp store and they arrived mid week. Since I have been feeling REALLY under the weather in the past few days, I needed a little pick me up with these beauties. They have been staring at me from my shelf and I can hardly believe I haven't felt well enough to use them up until now (and let me tell you my card was a 30 minute card...didn't feel well enough to stay any longer).
So back to the challenge...like most challenges, I try and follow the rules as best I can. I just got a little creative in adding some extras *lol* as well as flipping the card, so if this disqualifies me I am ok with that. I just wanted to share a Beate inspired design. She is after all one of my stamping heroes *wink*.


A Night out for the Bees Card Recipe

Paper: Buckaroo Blue, Green Galore, Whisper White, Mod DP (Autumn Leaves)
Ink: Basic Black, Buckaroo Blue, Cranberry Crisp, More Mustard, Green Galore
Stamp Set(s): Bee Trio (Stampendous), Girls Night Out (A muse), Linen Background
Accessories: Primas, Neutrals Buttons, Polka Dot Ribbon (American Craft), Scallop Circle Punch (Marvy), Circle Punch (Marvy), Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write Marker, Aquapainter


Thanks again for the inspiration Beate! I will certainly be looking for more of your challenges in the future.

Because I love to stamp and you do too!
Alli

P.S. You'll probably notice I posted this REALLY early but I will be heading to bed once I get the kids settled for the night.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alli, I love how you flipped the sketch. That paper looks wonderful with the bees. You rocked the challenge and the bees.

Anonymous said...

Great card Alli - even if you weren't feeling so good! Love those bees!

StampinThursdays said...

Great job! I like how you added the ribbon on the scalloped circle. Those bees are too cute. I might just need some of them. TFS.

Allison Rankin said...

Super cute...nice job (I like the idea of flipping the sketch!).

Mimi Hornberger said...

I love it! Those bees are really growing on me. I love the paper and the design. TFS!

Michele Kovack said...

How cute of a card!

Unknown said...

What a cute card! I love how bright and playful it is! TFS.
Tara

Beth Thomas said...

I'm with you Beate is one of my stampin' "heros" but you're on my list, as well. I love your bee card especially the idea with the ribbon and the scallop. Hope you are feeling well soon!

Sherrie said...

so sweet Alli....love those bees! I just got my hands on the 1/8 casual size of snap stamps WHEW! They are so wonderful...hope you get your hands on the ones you want!

Bethany Paull said...

I love the ribbons shooting off the circle in different directions. Awesome!

Rose Ann said...

What a cute card!! I love the paper and the way you did the whole sketch! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, I really love the ribbon!